First time freshmen welcome to CSUF, Irvine Campus
Welcome to the CSUF,
Irvine Campus Location!
The CSUF Irvine Campus offers enhanced opportunities to facilitate student learning through
innovative technology and resources at our new campus at 3 Banting in Irvine. The campus offers
smart classrooms with modern technology including Epson data projectors, Elmo document
cameras, and a new Macintosh classroom. In addition, the location offers close proximity to the
Metrolink Station. It also provides convenient access to the 5, 405, 133 and 241 Toll Roads and is a
short distance to the Irvine Spectrum.
Our new campus provides numerous amenities including a larger library, open computer lab, Titan
Student Union, fitness center, ATM and Titan bookstore. Our bookstore sells college textbooks, Titan
apparel and a variety of salads, sandwiches and drinks. There are also new vending machines in the
TSU as well as the kitchenette areas on the first and second floors.
WELCOME to the CSUF Irvine Campus!
First Time Freshman (FTF) at IRVC
1st Semester plan to enroll in 12-15 units of
• FTF must register for ENGL 101 (A.2) OR Oral Communication
(A.1) AND a Mathematics (B.4) class prior to registering for other
•Register for GE (including A.1, A.2, & B.4) at IRVC
•Register for lower division major classes when appropriate
Refer to the IRVC Freshman Classes at a Glance
Make Your Mark on the CSUF Irvine Campus
Did you know ?
• Over 1,100 First Time Freshmen live in the IRVC service area
• Top 3 Common majors for FTF at IRVC
• Pre-Business largest major
• Next is Undecided or Undeclared
• Tie between Psychology and Biological Sciences
• Involvement opportunities are yours for the creating at IRVC
• Learning Assistance is available to help you adjust and thrive on a
– Supplemental Instruction or
– Facilitated Study Sessions or
– Writing Assistance
– Request assistance for a class if not offered
• IRVC offers a small campus learning environment within a “TITAN” family
• CSUF students may enroll in classes at both or either the Fullerton or
• Students attending classes at IRVC are CSUF students with all the rights
• The CSUF parking decal is honored on both campuses.
FTF 5 Tips for Success
• Read and understand your class Syllabus
• Need to complete 30 units a year to graduate in 4 years (12-15 Fall, 12-15 Spring, or
• Overloading and repeating courses causes delay
• Participate early in Learning Support Programs at IRVC
• Supplemental Instruction
• Facilitated Study Sessions/Study Groups
• Seek consultations with your instructors during office hours.
• Understand the CSUF “drop” procedure.
• Be aware of important deadlines
Utilize all resources available!
Experience, Enjoy & Engage
Textbooks for your class(es) may be
purchased at the Irvine Campus Titan
Bookstore in IRVC-104 or ordered over the
web at http://bookstore.fullerton.edu/
In addition, we also have a variety of Titan
gear, testing and school supplies, snacks,
hot/cold beverages, and a computer station
for your convenience.
The Library at the Irvine Campus is an extension of the
Pollak Library at the CSUF main campus, offering
resources and services to students, faculty and staff
at Irvine Campus.
The library website is the launch pad for resources
such as the catalog, databases, electronic journals,
research guides, inter-library loan and course
reserves. These electronic resources are available to
all CSUF students with a simple login through the
university portal allowing students to conduct research
from home or office.
Open Computer Labs
The Irvine Campus (IRVC) is small enough to provide centralized
computer facilities. There are 234 computer workstations on
The IRVC building has four computer classrooms:
(3) - PC workstation classrooms
(1) - MAC workstation classroom
The open computer laboratory/classroom (IRVC 211) has 38 PC
and two MAC workstations and is available for independent
student work and is used as a classroom intermittently.
Academic Programs & Student Affairs
•Academic Advisement for GE, University policies & procedures, academic
probation, and major advisement
•Associated Students, Inc. Leadership opportunities
•Co-Curricular Learning opportunities
•Career Center Services
•Disabled Student Services
•Financial Aid counselor
•Learning Assistance (Supplemental Instruction/Facilitated Study
Titan Student Union Lounge
The lounge (IRVC-103) is conveniently located next to the Library
and Bookstore. This multi purpose room is a favorite gathering
place for studying and socializing.
• Starbucks coffee dispenser and microwave
• Flat panel TV
• Electronic campus events board
• Wireless internet
• Comfortable lounge seating
• Study areas
• Outdoor patio
Located in room 132, the fitness center is free for all enrolled CSUF students
(funded through your Titan Student Centers Fee).
Spring Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs 12pm - 10:00pm
Fri, Sat & Sun Closed
The fitness center includes the following amenities:
Fixed and free weights
Men's and Women's Lockers/Shower Rooms
California State University FULLERTON Irvine Campus
Best of Luck to all of you as you embark on your
Freshman year at California State University Fullerton!
Engage at IRVC as part of your experience