The competitive landscape of IoT
Competitive forces and companies shaping the Internet of Things
Vienna Global IoT Day, 9 April 2015
Knud Lasse Lueth, Founder of IoT Analytics
Part 1: How IoT changes competitive forces
Part 2: The companies and technologies making IoT happen
1. The value of the Internet of Things lies beyond the connectivity – It comes with smart analytics and ecosystem-enablement
2. Entire industry forces are changing due to IoT. Some industries may experience higher profits. Companies need to be aware of potential lock-out.
3. The “new” IoT infrastructure is being created now – Hardware including sensors and processors, communication, software, and application.
4. The top IoT companies in terms of “share-of-voice” currently are: Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, Google, IBM
5. US startup funding in the IoT area is much larger than German or Austrian IoT investment activity