The cleaning business is bouncing back healthily
from the blow it took during the Great Recession.
Homeowners were unable to afford the extra cost of
cleaning services, and they cut back drastically.
Now the industry is back to life. There are an estimated
875,000 cleaning businesses in the US with revenues
reaching $51 billion in 2015 in the US alone.
Now would be the perfect time to start if you’ve been
considering it. We’ll walk you through it quickly, so be sure
to read along.
The pros & cons
The benefits of the cleaning business include:
• working for yourself & being able to keep your profits
• having low startup costs and flexible working schedules
The disadvantages include:
• the stress of self-employment and high competition
• having to lower prices to survive your first few months
Your Business Plan
Your strategic business begins with:
• creating a strategic, thorough business plan
• putting your financials in order with invoicing software
• creating competitive prices for your services
• crafting the perfect website to draw in new customers
Once you’ve covered these, you’ve got the fundamental parts
of your cleaning business mapped out.
Your Marketing Goals
Your marketing strategy should focus on social media:
• learn the cost-effective, old school marketing techniques
• review & choose the best social channel for your business
• organize your brand with social media management tools
With these marketing tips, you’ll be able to create a strong
cleaning business brand on social media and gain customers.
Check out our guide on How to Boost Your SME & Freelance
Social Media Presence for more great social media tips.
Like what you’re reading? Check out our free
ebook for more in-depth tips, analysis,
Free Ebook: How to Start Your
Own Cleaning Business
Make sure you have everything you need for your cleaning
business, such as:
• insurance and licenses, based on local requirements
• appropriate cleaning equipment
• uniforms, logos, and other professional features
These are only some of the many things you’ll need to start and
succeed in your cleaning business, along with your business
fundamentals and up-to-date marketing strategy.
How to Start Your
Read our full article by following the link below:
LEARN MORE SIGN UP
LEARN MORE ABOUT INVOICEBERRY’S
ONLINE INVOICING SOFTWARE
InvoiceBerry simplifies invoicing and expense tracking, helping you save your
time and money. You can create your first invoice in under 60 seconds.