Every business owner wants to attract more customers, convert prospects to sales, and get more referrals from customers. Attracting the right customers to "sell and wow" will help your business bring in more sales and better your bottom line.
Key research areas
GENERAL EARNED OWNED SEARCH
General – key questions & tools
What is your audience? Any behavioural insights?
What is the customer journey for your category?
What are the latest trends in your category?
What is the wider cultural context?
Earned – key questions & tools
Who is talking about your brand / category?
What are they talking about?
Where are the conversations happening?
What is the general sentiment?
Who are the key influencers & advocates?
Volume of mentions & sentiment about QuickBooks
Using Social Mention
Most shared articles about QuickBooks
Owned – key questions & tools
What is the profile of your followers?
What is the level of engagement? Compared to
your competitors? (per 1000 fans)
What are the drivers of engagement? Best & worst
Any interesting campaigns that your competitors
Who is reached by Morning Bondi content and how is it performing?
Using Facebook Insights
Who is following me on Twitter?
Search – key questions & tools
Who is visiting your website and your
Which pages are they visiting and how long are
they staying for?
Where is the traffic coming from?
What is the volume of search that your product or
service receives? What are the keywords?
Top referring and destination sites for Intuit.com.au website
Key questions about QuickBooks in Australia
Using Answer The Public
Your unique value proposition
Where we want to land
Key elements of your strategy
CONTENT ECOSYSTEM MEDIA ACTIVATIONS
YOUR UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION
Content strategy elements
VISUAL STYLE CONTENT
The content pyramid
Large scale projects: PR events,
white papers or big research pieces
Regular, timely and expert-led content
Always available content; website
and product specification brochures
++VALUE RELEVANCY TALKABILITY
Content your followers
can’t get anywhere else
Content that makes
sense for your followers
and your brand
Content worth sharing
The 6 Q’s of digital content
Who is it for?
• Have I used the right
language/tone of voice?
• Does it speak to my target
Why am I posting this?
• Does this content add value?
• Does it fit with brand values?
• Is it topical/relevant?
What do I want to achieve?
• Is it optimised for engagement?
• Does it have a single call to
• Do you need to consult a
designer to improve the visuals?
When am I posting this?
• Is this the best time of day
to get engagement?
• Think about when your
audience will be online
• Has anything changed
since I wrote it that means I
Where am I posting this?
• Is it optimised for the
• Refer to platform-specific
guidelines to ensure it’s
good to go.
How else can I say this?
• Can I say it in fewer words?
• Keep rewriting the copy until
you get it right.
Role of digital platforms (in very brief)
Core platforms of your ecosystem
Building and segmenting your database
Targeted reach and traffic driver to sites
More aspirational view and BTS
Media & influencer relationships
B2B relationships & thought leadership
Talking to Gen Z, their way
Hosting all video content for SEO purposes
Is there a clear purpose for the channel?
Is the channel for a specific campaign or relevant all year long?
Is the targeted audience on the channel? How active are they?
Is there an articulated content strategy in place?
Do we have sufficient resource to maintain the channel on an ongoing basis?
Is there ongoing paid media support?
Ecosystem selection criteria
• Maximise the reach of the content to the relevant audience
• Boost brand awareness amongst the audience
• Grow your social footprint and database
• Build community engagement
• Increase traffic to owned channels
Key paid media objectives
• Define what success looks like based on your customer journey
• Monitor the performance of your digital efforts vs competitors
• A/B testing is key to optimise results
• Take controlled risks and track results
• Stay up-to-date with digital news and trends
Ongoing monitoring and optimisation
Social Media Examiner
Social Media Explorer
The Next Web
Think with Google
Key social & digital resources
1. Social media is not free anymore
2. Capitalise all your efforts on your owned platforms and database
3. Crack the “WHY” you do, what you do
4. Identify this value exchange between your brand and your audience
5. Listen before you speak – research is key to nail your online strategy
6. Create valuable and relevant content worth sharing
7. Use the power of paid media to reach your audience
8. Monitor your efforts on a regular basis
9. Stay up-to-date with digital news and trends
10. Success will come but it takes time and efforts – give more than you take!
Today’s presentations are available in the event mobile app
and at http://www.slideshare.com/tag/QBCAU17
Don’t forget to rate my session:
Open up the event app, find my session title in the agenda
and click on rate & review