Præsentation af Simon Egenfeldts (Serious Games Interactive) egne erfaringer med støttemuligheder for computerspilbranchen i EU programmerne Creative Europe og Horizon2020. Læs mere her http://bit.ly/CreativeEU-feb14
• MA Psychology
• PhD Games & learning
• Between industry & research
• Two strategic Danish research
Involved in +100 game
9 Nationalities | 30 Employees | +80 Projects | 20 Products
Who are we...
• Research-based company
• Using games for more than entertainment
• Won several awards for our productions
• First company starting with Unity3D
• 50% of our projects are mobile today
• Clients include Siemens, Maersk, World Bank, Lego and Volvo.
Current research projects (EU FP7)
• Playmancer – Rehabilitation of patients with games
• SIREN – Conflict resolution for children & Adults
• VISTRA – virtual game-driven assembly line training
• ETREES – Advanced narrative work-place training
• C2Learn – Creative learning environment through games
• GALA – Network of Excellence serious games.
• Stimulate – Outreach on advanced materials
From the hip
So this is probably not all pleasant music to EU Commission but without honesty no
improvements will come. We have fantastic and horrible EU FP7 projects.
• A lot of money w. very attractive funding schemes
• Create good network across all of Europe
• A great chance to develop technology, people and interesting projects
• Very forgiven in terms of deadlines and deliverables
• Be ready for a LOT of stakeholders w. strange agendas
• Prepare for inefficiency and strange inner logics (from researchers)
• Many universities are lazy and somewhat incompetent
• Your partners will make or break you
• If in doubt of commercial potential don’t touch it
• Make sure you have a central place in the project (BUT not too central)
• Don’t have private coordinators that can ‘steal’ your money
• Make sure you got your cash flow in order towards the
EU is fantastic but it could lay your company down for 2-3 years if you are not
Consider getting a person with previous experience from the inner logics of the
Go for the end-user driven projects that will keep all partners focused.
Horizon 2020 seems to be moving towards more exploitation, real and focused
projects which is great.