Email sent within 3 hours after a consumer abandons a cart averages 40 percent open rate and 20 percent click-through rate, according to Listrak. Most important, according to Marketing Sherpa, contacts reengaged through abandoned cart emails spend 55 percent more than the abandoned-cart total when they return to websites!
Are You Missing the Mark? Email Marketing Opportunities You May Be Missing Out On
Masters of Marketing
Are You Missing the Mark? Email Marketing Opportunities You May Be Missing
Welcome to Masters of Marketing!
• We will begin promptly at 12 pm CST.
• Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag
• This presentation will be posted on our blog today at this
• Join us next time on Thursday, October 19th at 12:00
p.m. CT for Backlinks: Your Key to SEO Success hosted
by SEO Consultant John Dessommes.
Thank you for joining us today!
800-383-3482 x 185
Email Marketing Quick Facts
• In the UK, every one pound spent on email marketing has
an ROI of 38 pounds; in the US, it's $44.
• 77% of people prefer to get permission-based promotional
messages via email (versus direct mail, text, phone, or social
• 80% of retail professionals indicate that email marketing is their
greatest driver of customer retentionHelp increase referrals
• 73% of millennials identify email as their preferred means of
• People SAY they prefer HTML emails, but plain-text emails
actually get higher open rates.
Quick Facts Pt. 2
• The average number of legitimate business emails received
each day has remained static since 2015, but the number of
spam emails that bypass security filters (spam that actually hits
your inbox) has risen from 12 emails per day in 2015 to 16
emails per day in 2017.
• Segmented email campaigns have an open rate that is 14.32%
higher than non-segmented campaigns.
• Click-throughs are 100.95% higher in segmented email
campaigns than non-segmented campaigns.
• Social Media Promotions
Identifying Missed Opportunities
• Missed Opportunities.
• Post Interaction
• Late Follow Up
• Welcome/New Customer
• Follow Up/Customer Service
• Lost Customers
• Win Back
• Set Time Win Back
It Doesn’t End There….
• Knowing Your Audience is
• Is there an opportunity
you’re missing out on
emailing your contacts?
Thank You for Joining Us!
• Slides and a recording of this presentation will be posted
on our blog: https://resources.getitc.com/masters-of-
• Join us next time on Thursday, October 19th at 12:00 p.m.
CT for Backlinks: Your Key to SEO Success hosted by SEO
Consultant John Dessommes.
800.383.3482 x 185