Be the first to like this
What can an event do for you? It can get your campaign...
* Give momentum.
* Give focus.
1. Know what it is you want your event to achieve.
2. Spend time on your idea, and think it through. Be prepared to modify or abandon all or parts of your original idea.
3. Start with modest ambitions.
4. Know how you will judge your success - have a target.
5. Give your event a clear and manageable focus that will work.
6. Don't reject traditional events just because they seem old-fashioned.- People still hold things like fetes and jumble sales for a good reason: they still work. Public meetings can be dull, but yours doesn't have to be.
7. Find something quirky to make your event stand out.
8. Write down what makes your event special. Don't lose this focus.
9. Make sure your event will work locally, with the people that live locally.
10. Go to similar events. Decide why these work, or why they don't.
11. Get a team together
12. To organise an event you will need people who can share the effort. Choose people you can work with - and enlist people who have the expertise you need.