“I’m never doing that
A journey to 100m
by Kristine Pitts
• In 2012 Michael and Kristine started their Tec
diving adventure after about a year of Kristine
claiming “I’m never doing Tec”.
• 3 years and a lot of Tec courses later the journey
culminated in a 100m dive in a Norwegian fjord.
• What follows is some photos that go some way to
describe what the journey was like.
• We started this journey just the two of us, and were
lucky enough to meet some fantastic people and
make some great friends along the way.
• Sorry, no photos or videos of the dives. Apparently
most camera equipment won't work that deep…
• It was deep, dark and cold. The dive site was the
‘house reef’ of Gulen Dive Resort. Once upon a
time the fjord was carved out by a glacier. So the
bottom was mostly rocks.
• But we were not there for the scenery and only
spent about a minute at the bottom.
• We had a fantastic journey, and along the way we
learned a lot about diving that we now apply to
recreational diving and to the teaching that we do.
• We made some fantastic friends. Tec diving is no
longer about just you and your buddy. It’s about the
team. Having a team of divers that you trust and
that you enjoy hanging out with is important.
• If you told me 4 years ago that I would have
completed this journey, I’d have thought you crazy.
But here we are. It’s been a blast. :-)
• If you want to ﬁnd out more about Tec diving and
Tec courses, get in touch with Diving Leisure
• Or come talk to us at Clubnight the ﬁrst Thursday of