Video and slides synchronized, mp3 and slide download available at URL http://bit.ly/2n9zMum.
Alexandre Freire discusses what his team has learned through experiments, from the very fundamentals of what a team needs to be successful, like core protocols, the responsibility principle and psychological safety, to Modern Agile engineering techniques, like continuous deployment and mob programming, that lay the groundwork for creating a space where being awesome becomes inevitable. Filmed at qconsf.com.
Alexandre Freire is one of the Agile pioneers in Latin America. He is Director at Industrial Logic, where he focuses on enabling the team to deliver quality software and to solve real-world problems through Modern Agile training and coaching for the leading companies in the Industry. He is active on Twitter spreading wisdom on Modern Agile, software development, the tech industry, startups, etc.
InfoQ.com: News & Community Site
• Over 1,000,000 software developers, architects and CTOs read the site world-
wide every month
• 250,000 senior developers subscribe to our weekly newsletter
• Published in 4 languages (English, Chinese, Japanese and Brazilian
• Post content from our QCon conferences
• 2 dedicated podcast channels: The InfoQ Podcast, with a focus on
Architecture and The Engineering Culture Podcast, with a focus on building
• 96 deep dives on innovative topics packed as downloadable emags and
• Over 40 new content items per week
Watch the video with slide
synchronization on InfoQ.com!
Purpose of QCon
- to empower software development by facilitating the spread of
knowledge and innovation
- practitioner-driven conference designed for YOU: influencers of
change and innovation in your teams
- speakers and topics driving the evolution and innovation
- connecting and catalyzing the influencers and innovators
- attended by more than 12,000 delegates since 2007
- held in 9 cities worldwide
Presented at QCon San Francisco
How I Fired Myself - a DevOps Horror story
"This, is a
up. You're gonna
cost us millions
People are not afraid
of failure, they’re
1. give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something.
synonyms: allow, permit, let, give the means, equip, empower, make able, ﬁt;
2. make (a device or system) operational; activate.
Make Safety A
If you have a
culture of fear
none of your fancy
practices or processes
will help you.
Be Aware of Triggers
#n o l y i n g , c h e a t i n g ,
stealing, manipulating, bullying,
hating, sabotaging, covering your
a*s, coasting, fire fighting,
bike shedding, mixed messages,
brilliant jerks, heroes, or,
Be Caring, Curious & Nonjudgmental
Psychologically Safe Meetings
Adapted from Smarter Faster Better by Charles Duhigg