Video and slides synchronized, mp3 and slide download available at URL http://bit.ly/1TpXAZV.
Scalaz-Stream (soon to be called "FS2" or "Functional Streams for Scala") is a library that lets us write compositional, modular, safe, and efficient asynchronous I/O using an expressive purely functional API. Runar Bjarnason presents how to get started with the library, shows some examples, and how we can combine functional streams into large distributed systems. Filmed at qconlondon.com.
Runar Bjarnason is software engineer in Boston, the author of the book Functional Programming in Scala, and an occasional speaker on topics in functional programming.
Streams in Scala
Rúnar Bjarnason, Verizon Labs
QCon London, March 2016
InfoQ.com: News & Community Site
• 750,000 unique visitors/month
• Published in 4 languages (English, Chinese, Japanese and Brazilian
• Post content from our QCon conferences
• News 15-20 / week
• Articles 3-4 / week
• Presentations (videos) 12-15 / week
• Interviews 2-3 / week
• Books 1 / month
Watch the video with slide
synchronization on InfoQ.com!
Purpose of QCon
- to empower software development by facilitating the spread of
knowledge and innovation
- practitioner-driven conference designed for YOU: influencers of
change and innovation in your teams
- speakers and topics driving the evolution and innovation
- connecting and catalyzing the influencers and innovators
- attended by more than 12,000 delegates since 2007
- held in 9 cities worldwide
Presented at QCon London
Functional Streams for Scala
This library is changing.
We’ll talk about the current version (0.8).