Bijon Kowshik Paul
ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF PRIMARY
Get hand in hand & Walk Together
The Current State of Primary Education
• A strong education system is the cornerstone of any country's
growth and prosperity.
• Most of the studies emphasize the final output (such as literacy
rate, enrollment). However, there should be a research based
on quality, instead of quantity.
• Most likely, this is the reason for all riots and a lot of bad stuff
for the nation.
• Good primary education is the way to make people wise.
• Still there is such condition, that some bad thinking politicians,
rich people are taking advantage of common people.
• Lets take the example of poor farmers, they rely almost
completely on governments, zamindars, and market vendors.
What we mean by education
• Making people Wise.
• Know the System Governing them.
• Making them Independent in correct measures.
• Making them understand society and the world around
• Making them Aware of their Rights.
• Making them responsible citizens.
What if everyone in the country is
• Peace all around the nation.
• Increase in GDP ,as a result of manpower in right
• We should aim on kids, and WE SHOULD TAKE OATH TO
MAKE EVERY CHILD GETTING BORN FROM NOW ON AN
EDUCATED RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN.
• If we start now we can achieve GOLDEN PERIOD in 20 years.
• And to do so, there is need to use every available resource
• Until when we can just blame a bunch of people of not doing it
• So, Each responsible institutions/persons currently available
should be used and make liable to some extent.
• Current system is people make and give it to government (i.e. a
bunch of people) ,so that they can do the whole social service
(whom we can put the whole blame).
• Even if some wants to do, they don’t have the authority. (For
authority they need to get over with all trouble like elections,
exams and much more hard struggle for their whole life)
• So, our idea is to get people access to work directly.
• There is a need to work all of us together.
• All of us should have a sort of Relationship.
• An experience from my diary of life:
I was studying in tenth class, board exams were on its flow with the hot
summer breeze. My exam center was at a school around 5kms from my house.
I didn’t have any vehicle. Sometimes when I get late. I use to ask for lift from
random people on vehicles. And watching a kid(me) in school dress people
stops and asks me first when is the exam going to start. And after that thay
seems more worried than me for my exam.
So the moral is, who don’t want to help kids. I guess all the people
are ready for it.
What constitutes a school
So, to improve primary education we need to take care of
these three aspects.
• For Teachers:
Credits and Incentives for their work (based on regular evaluation)
Appointing Special teachers for short period of time.
Attracting qualified youth for teaching services.
Attract them towards schools and studies.
By providing merit based scholarships and incentives.
Practical applications on their level.
Providing facilities and things at school (include them in curriculum) which
attract students like sports, movies, music, stories, food, magazines, technical
trips, labs, dance, comedy sessions, computers, internet, TV, library, etc.
Training staff for schools exclusively
Better student-teacher ratio
• Every industry, hospital, police stn, restraunt, shops, law
officials, sports authorities, colleges, press, politicians
(each professional should get 1 or 2 student) must be
compelled to take some students/schools responsibility
allotted to them.
• There must be relations b/w them. It must be followed
• Authority: Make a department or team in each city/ditrict
for regulation of schemes on students/children.
• Every institute made liable must submit a report regularly
to the authority abut the school/student alloted to them.
• Ist Phase (2 years):
Allotment of schools (not students) will be done to the institutes (not
• IInd Phase:
Assigning professionals to students: each student will be allotted one
police officer, one medical, an industrialist, a law officer, etc. however,
every professional will get more students depending on the situation,
which, in future would reduce, due to the increase in these officials.
Each professional is liable to help the students allotted to
him/her, in every situation- whether personal or professional. The
professionals will take all the responsibility of the students.
Professionals taking the responsibility would be evaded of the taxes,
and bonuses would be given to spend in the students’ benefits.
• Students will learn how the various professionals work, and
hence can decide what to do in the future.
• The professionals will help the students take better decisions,
and help them against peer pressure.
Police officials will help reduce the crime.
Medical officers will ensure better health of the students.
Sports officials would be there to maintain the proper fitness of
CRIETERIA TO MEASURE IMPACT:
• Increase in Literacy Rate
• Decrease in Juvenile Crime
• Increase in students pursuing Higher Education
• PISA(Program for International Student Assessment) primary
• Problem: Migration of students/professionals due to transfers,
retirement and other reasons.
• Solution: the personnel replacing the former will be given all
the information about the student(s), and s/he will take the
• Problem: Proper working of the authority regulating the
• Solution: It will be supervised directly by the governor.
• Problem: Allotment will be difficult in the rural areas, where
these officials are not available.
• Solution: Officials from the nearby regions will be allotted,
based on the availability.
• Problem:Allotment of funds to set up the authority in each and
• Solution: Funds would be given by the government, the rich
class, and from the target families as a cooperation.