CITIZENS FOR ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNANCE (CAG)
NITISH KUMAR, KUMAR ABHISHEK, SAMIR SANTOSH & SHUBHAM SAURABH
SIR PADAMPAT SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY, UDAIPUR
REALIZING THE GROWTH POTENTIAL OF NORTH-EAST
DROP OUT RATES FOR THE YEAR
Assam Manipur Mizoram Meghalaya Nagaland Sikkim Tripura India
LITERACY RATES 2011
India being the 2nd largest tea producer in world
Assam accounts for 55%
1/6th of the tea production of world.
The annual turnover of the tea industry is about
Rs.1,700 crores and it has earned more than
Rs.600 crores as foreign exchange.
Tea industry has contributed substantially to the
economy of Assam.
About 17 percent of the worker of Assam are
engaged in tea industry.
Bamboo cultivation in north east states have
huge scope as 2/3rd of total national cover.
Industrial processing can cover all varieties of
premium processing(flooring, laminated
furniture, ply board),
Medium value processing (Incense sticks),
Low level and bulk processing (charcoal, paper
Textile industry with bamboo fibre.
UNDERDEVELOPED STATE EVEN AFTER HAVING VAST POTENTIAL
• 90% of international borders share of national border.
• Major population 77% involved in agricultural operation.
• High productivity and potential for horticulture, bamboo and tea cultivation
• Very few food processing units present in this regions comparative to their production rate.
UNTRAINED MAN POWER AND UNREALIZED YOUTH POTENTIAL
• Most of the youth involved in usage of drugs.
• In spite of having high literacy rate than national average, they have high drop averaging 50% rates indicating lack of proper
environment and guidance to nurture their growth.
PSYCHOLOGICAL BARRIER AND INSURGENCY
• Negligible media coverage to the issues of north east.
• Improper functioning of the government Plans and fund distribution.
• Low rate of development compare to rest of India drags the native to illegal operation
PROPOSED SOLUTION RECOGNITION
SOLUTIONS PROPOSED FOR THESE
• Installation of food
• Promoting private sector
and encouraging foreign
• Favourable climatic
conditions for horticulture
and bamboo cultivation.
• Cultural festivals to
be organised in
North eastern region at
• Proper media coverage
and live broadcasting of
the events organised in
• Grooming and nourishing
the potential of the
youth and global
exposure to local art and
• Establishment of
state of art institute
of International standard.
“Never doubt that a small
group of thoughtful,
concerned citizens can
change world. Indeed it is
the only thing that ever
has.” – Margaret Mead
“There exist limitless
opportunities in every
industry. Where there is an
open mind, there will always
be a frontier.”_ Charles F.
IMPLEMENTATION AGRO-INDUSTRY ART INSTITUTION
AND EXPORT IMPLEMENTATION
• Projecting the after effects of project in their life Localities
should be motivated for participation.
• Promote agro-food parks by involving industry
participation for better functioning of these
• Adoption of ITI by processing industries to upgrade lower
• Partnership with food processing institutes for up gradation
of higher end skill.
• Processing plant with cost effective technology,
packaging technology, market study, applied
• Contract farming can be a significant
opportunity to create direct linkage from
farm for appropriate quality, quantity,
variety of input.
• Strict implication of national horticulture mission
and national bamboo mission.
• Synergy between consumer ,industry, government and
• Open up multi brand retail to bring in more global
investments in the infrastructure and logistics domain.
• Dedicated freight corridors in rail
supplemented by concretized dual
carriageways for the State& National
highways, will directly reduce the cost of
• Separate Ministry for Supply Chain & Logistics
sector should be formulated and as of following
• Government should allocate separate
budget for HR development for food
processing sector & for up gradation of
I. Normal distance covered by truck/trailers in India is 250-
300 km/day vs. International norm of 600-800 km/day.
II. Most roads in India are designed to carry a maximum gross
weight of 16.2 tons vs. 36 tons in the US.
• Projecting people the marketing potentials
of their available natural resources.
VOLUNTEERS AND SURVEY
NURTURING AND GROOMING
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
REGIONAL STATE OF ART INSTITUTIONS
• Survey to be conducted by
volunteers team comprised of
retired serviceman, graduates,
NGO's under the monitoring of
• Categorisation of participants
on the basis skills and interests
in field such as design, art,
music, sports, study, fashion etc.
• Hiring the professionals for all
• Providing high class amenities to
support the training.
• Career counselling should
provided by the Student
Assistance Program for students
in need of emotional support or
• The Student Affairs Department
should encourage student involve
in campus life and promotes each
student’s personal and
professional growth while
attending the college and help
them discovering themselves.
• Exhibition galleries will be setup
to exhibit work of students ,
faculty, alumni and visiting
• People from different parts will
be invited to view these
talented works and experience
these different forms of work
and appreciate it.
• Events will be designed to
promote networking among
students of diverse backgrounds
and interests, and to create a
supportive community within
• Through collaboration with
industrial professions students
will get real-world work
experience thereby making
them prepared to achieve their
• Organizing cultural week in north east at global level with the motive to bring the
diverse communities together to taste rich and indigenous culture .
• Corporate houses and other sector investor should targeted for funding .
• It should be used as platform to expose culture, art, potential, handicraft, and Rich
• Government should run EXHIBITION TRAIN for the promotion of cultural
week among mass.
• International delegates and un ambassador, national and international
leader should be invited.
• State government should encourage the locals to participate actively in their
• Advertisement companies should be contracted and print and digital media
must made it viral globally.
• Council should be formed headed by one Central delegate and 8 delegate of
NE state representing each state.
• This council should look over all activities such as security, financial investment
which will be done under Cultural Week
• Every state will be given a chance to host this cultural week.
INSTITUTIONALIZATION CULTURAL FESTIVAL
• This project will help us to generate
individuals specialized in various different
• as these individuals will be skilled in their
respective fields this will increase their job
• These individuals will not get involved in any
kind of activities such as taking drugs and
insurgent activities and will be groomed into
a national potential rather than a threat.
• It will decrease the no. of dropouts in these
states and help them discover themselves.
The project will directly contribute to the
• The socio-economic changes in the lives of the people thereby increasing their per capita income above national average i.e..
24924 INR as per 2007-08.
• As the Production of farms will be increase and so Export of the products and trade will also increase.
• Imparting the agricultural knowledge and scientific method to the farmers will LEAD to the sustainable development and
• It will create harmony among natives of
these regions and will add to the
integration of this nation.
• It will be a boost the revenue of these
• It will help people to overcome their
psychological barriers and will help them
to connect with more people and make
them open to more ideas.
• It will boom the tourism and hotel industry
• It will provide the platform for exposure to
the rich culture, Handicraft
SOCIETY AND POLITICS
LEGAL AND ECONOMIC ISSUES
• Inconsistent govt. policies and Improper regulation of funds.
• Local insurgents group and ethnic group rebels can hamper
• To carry forward these projects very large amount of land
will be required.
• Sponsors and Investors and govt. funds for the installation
and implementation .
• Lack of trained upper end skill and lower end skill.
• Poor supply chain and logistic sector.
• Assessment of report by Supreme court at regular interval.
• Initiate talking at national level to negotiate demands
because Gun can never be the solution of such issues it is
necessary to win the heart of the people. socio-economic
changes are the demand of the situation to retrogress
• Collaboration of industries with Institutions and ITI's.
• Industry status to this sector for proper implementation.
• Govt. land or private land by paying legal amount to be used.
• Private sector and foreign investment are the demand of the
CHALLENGES FACED MITIGATION FACTORS
• These plans will help these states to
connect with the main stream and
overcome psychological barriers.
• Proper guidance and motivation to
help the youth to discover and realize
• These socio-economic growth will
reduce the insurgent activities in
• Tourism and hotel industries sectors
will also develop.
• Proper production and development
planning will also help in increasing
their contribution to the national
• Projects will help to utilize the natural
resources to their maximum potential.
• report of the working group on horticulture, plantation for the 11th year plan
• Horticulture mission for north east state annual report 2011-12