WALK TO EQUALITY : ENSURING SAFETY AND EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN
The role of women in development of society is of utmost importance. In fact it is the only thing
that determines whether a society is strong and harmonious, or otherwise. Women are the
backbone of the society. ( BY SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR)
BY – TEAM MAVERICK – SIBM – BANGALORE
3. VRITI KOCHAR
5. ADAN KHAN
Facts – condition of women in India
• Ensuring women safety and women empowerment is one of the most important and most
critical problems which country is going through at present.
• UNDP reports on human development indicators ranks India as second last in South Asia in
terms of HDI.
• Report clearly states that a girl child in India aged between 1-5 years has 75% more
probability than a male to die.
• Women form 48% of total population but constitutes only for 22% of national work force.
• World bank report says that only 26% of Indian women have access to formal credit as
against 37% males.
• In this modern and fast moving world women are still considered to be a weaker section of
Reasons in Favor of topic.
One of the most important and critical problems which
country is facing in this modern era
India can rise only when this section of society is
empowered and given adequate safety.
Women is considered to be weaker section of society and it is
high time for us to change dynamically and rapidly.
Women is the future of this nation and the world
Causes of problem
police Lack of
Proposed solution- Measures of ensuring women safety
• Make use of information and communication
technology. All women must be equipped with a
band shaped electronic device which can be used
to give indication in case of emergency.
USE OF INFORMATION AND
• Setting of government organizations and
protection cells completely dedicated and
designed for women safety issues.
• Setting up of institutes to provide knowledge of
basic women rights and remedies available.
Awareness of Human and legal rights
• As per Washington post report there are only 15
judges in between 1 million people while china
• Misappropriate allotment of police force
between pubic & Official beaurecrats.
• Strict and immediate actions should be taken
for crime against women
A very strict and stringent fast track
Steps for women empowerment
• Taking immediate and necessary action for passing women reservation bill at
• Giving equal opportunities to women in politics, sports, education etc.
• As per census of central government employees only 7.53% of total employees
in central government are women, we propose it to be at least 1/3rd of the
• At least one board member of every company must be a woman member
which will ensure women employees to raise their voice equally.
• All central schools and education institution must compulsorily impart self
defense training to all girls
• A pan India helpline no. such as 181 launched by ministry of telecom should
be implemented strictly in all states
• Promotion and encouragement by government of formation of self help
groups such as SEWA, self employed women association
• Project shakti of HUL is a classic e.g. of self help group encouraging women
HOW TO EMPOWER WOMEN
• Form a central crime Branch for women safety in all
states this could be a coordinated efforts by NGOs who
care for issues of women .
• Relate women's adhar card numbers for providing
them with subsidized facilities in education and health
sector for their children and themselves.
• All government banks should provide easy interest
loans and high interest rate fixed deposits for single
COST STRUCTURE FOR CENTRAL
Women Police Commissioner
Joint Women Commisioner
TOTAL FUND REQUIRED :- 2.3 CR
Source of Funding
• Government should impose tax on the
richer segment of society which should
be invested for women empowerment
or for running the NGOS
• 0.25% of the CSR activity by corporate
should be invested in women