• Large scale influx to slums
• Inadequate means of
• Enormous solid waste
• Lack of dumping space
• Improper monitoring
• Woman violence
• Lack of job opportunities
• Lack of specialized skills.
• Main stream education out of
• Acute shortage
• Price hike
Large scale influx to slums
• Low rental housings.
Inadequate means of
• Financial sustainability of
• Creation of proper dumping
• Proper monitoring of
• Skilled training institutes in
• Use of alternative sources
BRIEF WAY OUT
• Low rental houses
• Maintaining proper infrastructure and quality
• The slum dwellers can be given a land in exchange of land
government can give financial assistance to build their
• Land registration must be made efficient and corruption free
• The whole system must be made computerized rather than
manually to keep transparency
• Local politicians trying to keep the status quo concerning the slums
remain the same
• Rampant violence and conflict in slums
The matter to be dealt with humanity rather politically
Formal education along with moral education to slum inhabitants
Skilled training institutes in extremely low cost.
Volunteer driven skills training.
• Imparting volunteers from ex service professionals and retired
Main stream education should be in sync with market requirements.
Incorporating requirements of actual employers.
• Lack of government infrastructure.
• Lack of placement opportunities.
• Tie ups with placement agencies.
• Bringing in industry leaders for curriculum and training inputs.
• Introduction of helpline numbers in all cities and towns.
• Better monitoring of security system.
• Installing security cameras & cctv’s in all busy roads, hotels bars &
• Restriction on bars & pubs in late nights.
• Development of infrastructure like street lights in sub urban areas.
• Proper patrolling in nights.
• Insufficient police forces.
• Employing youth runned NGO workers in social security.
Use of solar power and wind
power(renewable energy source)
Cut off illegal power supply
High voltage direct current transmission(reduction in
loss of power supply)
Reduce the use of overhead lines in developing cities so
to make the power supply uninterrupted
Increase energy efficiency using combined cycle power
• Price hike
• Population growth along with un-uniform distribution.
• Uniform distribution along with sustainable use of available power supply
• Steep price hike
Emergency clean up campaigns.
Use of private bodies in disposing wastes.
Creation of dumping space
Creation of bio fertilizer industries near by.
• Lack of space for dumping.
• Proper waste disposal management.
• The dumping grounds should be scientifically created and a
little away from cities.
Organization Cost : INR 2.5 Cr. per annum
Technology Cost : INR 1.5 Cr. per annum
Logistics Cost : INR 75 lakh per annum