EPOXY HARDENERS AND ADHESIVE By Ark Golden India Private Limited
Dr. Pradeep Agarwal
Chairman & Managing Director
HISTORY AND OVERVIEW
Structure of the company
Ark Golden India Pvt. Ltd. is wholly owned by Agarwal group
Operations of the company
Entire operations of the company is managed by Dr. Pradeep
Agarwal, CEO & Managing Director. Company incorporated in May
2003, Plant commissioned in 2004, Production stabilized and
product established in the market in 2005-06
Marketing of the company
Direct marketing by the company at present
Financing of project
The fact is that an architect of Ark establishments, Dr. Pradeep
Agarwal, CMD of the company had a vision to produce Phenalkamine
hardeners at a lowest price globally and fulfilled his dream after 25
years of his dedicated experience in the field of epoxy resins and
hardeners for various aspects of its development, application and
marketing. He has proven track record for commercializing
phenalkamines right from Idea generation to establishing the project
and markets with his well known global image. He had worked with
Ciba Specialty Chemicals till 1998-99 as a R&D Head of Asia Pacific
Region before venturing to his own Phenalkamine business.
Ark is continuously engaged for further advancement of
Phenalkamine technology to benefit customers.
Details of Land and Building – Puducherry, India site
Existing Land – 4500 sq. meter ; Existing Gardening – 2000 sq.mtr.
Existing Building. - 500 sq meter, with facility of R&D, Pilot plant, and
Vadodara, Gujarat, India - New manufacturing site for specialty
Land & building of > 13,000 sq. meter area is constructed and
created new R&D center with future expansion plan at Vadodara,
Details of Plant Capacity
Existing production capacity - 3000 MT per annum
Existing building infra-structure
available to produce - 10000 MT per annum
• One of the largest source for good quality cashew crop and good
yield of CNSL worldwide
• Low Manpower and low equipment cost
• Low freight cost – close to market of Asia Pacific region
• High technology skill available at a lower price globally
• Low project investment cost
• Technology Pool
• High GDP growth
WHY INDIA ?
Major Location advantage
- Minimum time to produce and market
• Located in South India which is close to one of the raw material
i.e. cashew crop ( CNSL)
• Close to Chennai Port (< 150 kms.) - advantage for import
• Low transportation cost – close to sea port
• Easy access to raw materials, packing barrels, equipments
- close to metropolitan cities Chennai and Bangalore
WHY PONDICHERRY ?
• Puducherry factory is located in South India close to Metropolitan
cities of Chennai , Bangalore and Hyderabad.
• Vadodara factory is located in West India close to Metropolitan
cities of Mumbai and Delhi
• Recognized as a registered manufacturer exporter in India.
• Recognized as a manufacturers of Phenalkamine and
specialty epoxy hardeners worldwide and established for
the first time in India.
• In-house self developed technology.
• Complete focus and strong technical background of founder
for more than 35 years for the development, manufacturing,
marketing and application in the field of Phenalkamine
and other specialty epoxy hardeners.
• Meeting most of techno-commercial requirements for the
success of the project.
WHY ARK ?
A unique hardener with inherent property for curing epoxy resins at
low temperatures down to 0oC under high humidity with flexibility and
surface tolerance properties hence advantages over existing products
in the field of mainly MARINE & PROTECTIVE EPOXY COATINGS
Mainly due to new areas of applications in protective coatings
etc. with technical advantages over polyamides and polyamines.
Due to lower price of ‘Ark’ new phenalkamine over exsisting products.
No other cost effective epoxy hardener available with inherent
characteristics of new Phenalkamines at present.
FUTURE NEED OF THE CUSTOMERS
BLUSH FREE PERFORMANCE
GOOD ADHESION WITH FLEXIBILITY
CONSISTENCY IN PRODUCT QUALITY
LOW COST, SMOOTH AND REGULAR SUPPLIES
• Deeper understanding about Mannich base reactions and
performance properties of coatings.
• Knowledge about cardanol chemistry and reaction of
cardanol with amine and formaldehyde .
• Understanding of good manufacturing practices with safety
• Thorough knowledge and expertise for the development of new
epoxy resins and hardeners in the field of coatings and adhesives.
• Adequate R&D facilities for developing innovative product as per
specific customer requirements and quality control testing
• Ability to meet technical requirements of future coating industries.
- TECHNICAL (R&D)
GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE – COST EFFECTIVENESS
• Good packaging for leak proof finished product
• Lowest raw material cost
• Lowest transportation cost
• Time to market – minimum
• Manufacturing location
- Close to Sea Port – for exports and imports
- Close to Market
• Looking to the untapped large potential of domestic market, Ark
took the lead in India to introduce and establish phenalkamines in
2005 with key customers like Berger Paints, Shalimar Paints, Asian
Paints, Kansai Nerolac Paints etc. after their long term performance
• Many of key global paint manufacturers including 3M,
International Paints, RPM group, have now established and
switched over their formulations from polyamides or conventional
phenalkamines to ‘Ark ‘ new phenalkamines and specialty epoxy
hardeners due to various technical inputs provided by Ark to these
customers. Strong technical background of Ark helped key customers
to switch over their product line for both technical and commercial
CRISIL Rating – Rated as “High Performance Capability and High Financial Strength”
and awarded as “Highest Level of Creditworthiness , adjudged in
relation to other SMEs in India consistently for past 8 years
Created history to establish and commercialize Phenalkamine epoxy hardeners for the
first time in India and recognized globally instead of small and new entrant
Set an example in India to create best value addition from cashew shell and made lowest
cost epoxy hardener in India
Zero complaint both in terms of technical and commercial supplies till date
Developed new innovative product line for specialty epoxy hardeners
Enjoying best reputation to maintain consistency in quality globally
Growing exponentially with focused efforts in the field of epoxies
High value with lowest investment and self developed world class technologies with
proven performance in the field of epoxies
World’s largest MNC’s have taken keen interest in our company for cooperation
• CRISIL Rating as " High Performance Capability and High Financial
Strength" continuously each year since 2010
• CRISIL Rating as 'HIGH' level of creditworthiness, adjudged in relation to
other SMEs in 2017
• ISG Winner as 'Emerging Entrepreneurs of India' by NDTV PROFIT and
INDIA SME FORUM in 2017
• "Indian Achievers' Award for Business Excellence in 2017
• "Fastest Growing Indian Company Excellence Award" at International
To delight our esteemed customers through continuous innovative
product and process development with cost effectiveness
To establish long term presence with high image and repute in the
global market through ZERO complaints both in terms of technical and
RAPID EPOXY HARDENERS
TOP & FLOOR COAT EPOXY HARDENERS
SPECIALTY EPOXIES : ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
• Aqua Ark water based Epoxy system
• Food Grade Epoxy system
• Under water Epoxy system
• New Rapid Non–Mercaptan Epoxy system