Continue your professional development with Scribd
Exclusive 60 day trial to the world's largest digital library.
Join 1+ million members and get unlimited* access to books, audiobooks.
SMi proudly presents its 5th annual Social Media in the Utilities Sector conference taking place on the 11th – 12th April 2016 in London, UK.
As social media continues to grow rapidly every year within the utility sector, companies need to identify the best approach and interaction techniques with the consumer in order to protect their brand and reputation. Coupled with this is how companies can provide high levels of customer service over social media in an easier and more cost effective way then traditional methods such as call centres.
Engaging with the public via social media is no longer a choice, in fact by 2020 about 95% of a utility’s bill paying customers will be fully digital savvy. Marketing strategy is no longer a case of ‘should I be on social media?’, but how it can transform a company’s digital presence and customer interaction.
The utility sector has always received bad press and a lack of respect from the public, however, social media offers companies are chance to amend these broken bridges and repair customer relationships. Consistency, transparency and honest are crucial, so this conference will focus on injecting personality into communications and formulating imaginative strategies.
NEW IN 2016:
The 2016 conference will discuss investment in to social media and how businesses should shape their online presence and develop strategies to harness social media. A key focus of this conference will be assessing how to make social media the centre of operations, not just a useful tool.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
• Understand how digital marketing is key to business development
• Learn from case studies on crisis management and containment
• Discover how to create and manage your brand in an online environment
• Transform your business: make your organisation more social and cultivate a network of change
• Gain insight into social optimisation: unlock the potential of your data
• Benefit from roundtable discussions to benchmark against peers’ social media strategy
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Giuseppe Caltabiano, VP Marketing Integration - Content, Social Media, Schneider Electric
• Wendy Eyre, Social Media Manager, E.ON Energy UK /WCWC Ltd.
• Jane Goddard, Head of Marketing and Communications, Energy Saving Trust
• Conor Barron, Digital Communications Manager, Bord Gais Energy
• Alex Marshall, Group Marketing & Compliance Manager, Clarke Energy
• Phil Young, Head of Online, Transport for London
• Corinna Allen, Head of Communications, Southern Water Services Ltd Paul Sergeant, Online Community Manager, Ecotricity
• Laura Hopperton, Digital Content Manager, South East Water Ltd
• Angela Maher, Digital Communications Manager, Ofwat
• Lee Bryant, Founder, Postshift
11th - 12th April 2016
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd,
London, SW7 4DN