Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
An event is a general term indicating
the coming together of a number
people in place, to confer or carry out
a particular activity.
• Generally targeted international markets.
• This event have specific yield in terms of
increased tourism, media coverage and
• Largest events that can organize.
• Designed to increase the appeal of a
specific tourism destination or region.
• Generate significant tourism revenue.
• Attract significant local interest and large
numbers of participants.
• This event includes one-off events like
historical, cultural, musical and dance
• This is where most event managers gain
• Entertainment, Arts and Cultural Festivals
• Commercial, Marketing and Promotional
• MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions
and Exhibitions/ Events)
• Family Events
• Fund Raisers
• Sporting Events
(Meetings, Incentives, Conventions
and Exhibitions/ Events)
• A meeting takes place when two or more
people come together for a common
• People attend for education, trainings,
decision-making research, sales,
information exchange, networking and etc.
•There is normally no exhibit component to
• Event used to meet and exchange views,
convey a message or give publicity to some
• These are also of limited in time frame and
with specific objectives.
• Smaller scale than congresses.
• Regular coming together of large groups
of individuals generally to discuss a
• Often lasts for several days and has
• Formal presentation- where there is a
limited interaction between presenters and
•Lecture- individual presentation often by
one expert where the audience can ask
questions after the discussion.
• Panels- two or more resources persons
offer their opinions on a topic.
•A motivational tool used to encourage
employees to achieve goals such as sales
quotas set by companies.
• Define as: a global management tool that uses
an exceptional travel experience to motivate
and/ or organize participants for increased the
levels of performance in support of
• A meeting with an exhibit. It combines
attractions of having multiple simultaneous
• Defined as a gathering of delegates,
representatives and members of a
membership or industry organization
convened for a common purpose.
• Event where products, services or promotional
materials are displayed. Attendees visiting
exhibits on the show floor.
•These focus primarily on business to
business to business relationship