Increase event attendence and scale revenue with virtual events: Social27

1,588 views

Published on

This is the Social27 presentation for the PCMA Supplier Showdown at the PCMA event in Las Vegas in JAn 2011.
Four virtual event platform vendors were presented with a business challenge faced by a an Organization, trying to improve event atttendence and increae revenue.
See presentation fro more detail...

Published in: Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,588
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
121
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
15
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Increase event attendence and scale revenue with virtual events: Social27

  1. 1. Presentation for PCMA: Supplier Showdown<br />International Fundraising Professional Association (IFPA)<br />Presenter: <br />Ike Singh Kehal<br />Co-Founder & CEO<br />Jan 2011, Las Vegas<br />
  2. 2. The IFPA (Fictitious Organization)<br />Total members = 45,000<br />40 years old<br />255 Chapters worldwide<br />Two annual events in North America<br />The International Conference on Fundraising (January)<br />The Future Of Philanthropy For Nonprofits (July)<br />Event Attendance= 16% of membership<br />Event Revenue = $5.75 million<br />Revenue Split = 40% attendee & 60% sponsor fees<br />
  3. 3. IFPA Goals<br />Strengthen IFPA Community<br />Increase Event Participation<br />Increase Revenue $$<br />
  4. 4. Recommended Solution<br />Introduce Hybrid Events<br />On Demand Phase for 6 months (until next event)<br />Stream main sessions (20%)<br />Put remaining sessions On Demand (80%) - available 15 days post event<br />Additional Revenue / Cost Recovery:<br />Virtual Expo Hall <br />Lower registration fee option for virtual event<br />Problem Solved!!<br />The Obvious<br />
  5. 5. Explore Beyond the Obvious.Take a Detour ><br />
  6. 6. Once Upon a Time<br />6<br />Monologue<br />
  7. 7. Fast Forward > PresentThe world has Evolved, Advanced….<br />7<br />Monologue<br />
  8. 8. The IFPA Math<br />
  9. 9. Re-visit Challenge At Hand<br />Strengthen IFPA Community<br />Increase Event Participation<br />Increase Revenue $$<br />Expand direct event participation to beyond 2%<br />
  10. 10. Firstly: IFPA members NOT Kindergarten StudentsThey have a lot of knowledge, give them an opportunity to share their knowledge…….<br />
  11. 11. Rethink IFPA Strategy:<br />To<br />Monologue<br />Dialogue<br />
  12. 12. How?<br />
  13. 13. The Inspiration<br />Monologue<br />Technology Entertainment <br />Design<br />
  14. 14. The Recommendation<br />TEDX: Independently organized TED event<br />
  15. 15. Upcoming TEDx events<br />
  16. 16. The Tactic for the IFPA<br />IFPA Virtual: <br />In a Box<br />Virtual Summit in a Box<br />TM<br />
  17. 17. The Process:<br />IFPA provides virtual event environment package “In A Box” to all chapters<br />Local: Chapters launch Local event as follows:<br />Choose 80% content from IFPA Virtual Event Library <br />Develop 20% content locally as per priorities<br />Bigger chapters have 1 day hybrid event<br />Smaller chapters have virtual only<br />
  18. 18. The Process: continued….<br />Revenue: IFPA shares virtual expo hall environment with chapters<br />Chapters generate revenue by selling virtual booths and advertising to local sponsors<br />
  19. 19. UtilizeVirtual Tech Innovation<br />
  20. 20. The 3 Pillars of Virtual Event Tech<br />
  21. 21. Collaborative Learning<br />
  22. 22. Rich Profiling & Networking<br />
  23. 23. Mobile: Access,Anywhere, Anytime, Any Device!<br />http://m.social27.com<br />
  24. 24. Thanks!!<br />Experience VES11 on the Social27 platform:<br />http://VirtualEdgeSummit.social27.com<br />And: http://m.social27.com<br />Blog: http://VirtualEventsHub.com<br />Twitter: @IkeSingh<br />Email: Ike@Social27.com<br />Info: www.Social27.com<br />

×