Why the difference?
1. Outsourcing: A practice executed by
dinosaurs only thinking about allocating
people working anywhere.
Many companies have
affected on the perspective
of working with external
2. Team Augmentation: A practice executed
by people willing to add value to the
products and companies they are working
Considering an external team
When should I consider an external team?
1. You are entering a growing phase, but still
validating certain things in your business.
2. Not enough resources to maintain growth.
3. You want to reduce costs on your operations
4. You still want to focus on your product,
before thinking about a business.
5. You want to improve quality.
Am I ready for an external team?
1. Have a technical person on your team.
2. Modern tools and procedures.
User Interface &
* Every agile procedure needs to adapt to the context of
the product, client and/or user.
How do you want to work?
● Man-hour cost per region.
● Different time zones.
● Culture from the people.
Choosing the right team
1. Their culture.
2. Work done (Portfolio)
3. Quality in their work: Code, design,
4. Tools & Practices.
5. People behind. (Open source?, career
6. How do you want to work?
Keeping your value as a company
● Continuous Hiring for the best.
● Train your people.
● Have procedures and knowledge ready to
● Start and grow your inside team along with
the augmentation strategy.
@edolopez - firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO - @icalialabs