While ITIL may have gotten a bad rep lately (for being too slow, or bureaucratic), there’s no denying it is essential – and deeply rooted – in the IT operations of many large-scale enterprises.
ITIL (fka Information Technology Infrastructure Library) has been around for a long time, and has helped large teams – particularly in industries that are heavily regulated – manage the way IT services are delivered in a predictable and consistent way.
• Can ITIL and DevOps work together, towards a shared goal of quality releases, while ensuring governance, auditability, and mitigating the risk of failed releases?
• How can teams who already subscribe to an ITIL way of working adopt DevOps practices?
• How can ITIL processes for Incident management and Change Management be adapted to an Agile/DevOps way of thinking?
Our customers show that the ITIL and DevOps are not mutually exclusive, and that they can work together – and deliver!
This talk focuses on processes and specific tooling and integrations for supporting the ITIL/DevOps hybrid in your organization:
• How to bridge the gap between ITSM and Continuous Delivery in your team’s day-to-day processes?
• How to automate the information gathering and data flow between your ITIL toolset – such as ServiceNow – and the DevOps Automation platforms – ElectricFlow.
• Tips and best practices for meeting audit and security requirements, change management procedures, while speeding-up delivery – both for internal IT customers and end users.