• What is a dream?
• The sleep cycle.
• Facts about dreams.
• Types of dreams.
• The Importance of Dreaming.
WHAT IS A DREAM ?
• Sequence of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that
occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
THE SLEEP CYCLE
• The sleep cycle comprises of four stages and lasts for about 90120 minutes.
• Stage 1:
From 5 to 10 minutes, the body and muscles start to relax.
• Stage 2:
Your brain activity, heart rate and breathing start to slow down.
you're beginning to reach a state of total relaxation .
• Stage 3:
You get deeper into sleep.
• Stage 4:
Stage of sleep when you dream. It is also referred to as "active
sleep" or REM sleep.
The sleep cycle repeats itself on an average of 3 to 5 times per
night, may repeat as many as 7 times.
This is how a person dreams several times in one night.
• When you dream, your body faces some changes. Your adrenaline
rises, your blood pressure increases, and your heart beats faster.
• During a typical lifetime, people spend an average of six years
• 12% of people only dream in black and white.
• Sleep might be disturbed during the night but the mind interprets
the disturbance and makes it a part of a dream.
• Five minutes after the end of the dream, 50% of the content is
forgotten, after ten minutes 90% is forgotten.
• Animals also Dream.
• Day dreaming occurs when you are
half awake, and it is the imagining
or remembering of images or
experiences in the past or future.
• Lucid dreams occur when you
realize you are dreaming. the
dreamer can reassure him/herself
that it is only a dream and that he
or she will soon awaken
• A nightmare is a disturbing dream that
causes you to wake up feeling
anxious and frightened.
Nightmares may also occur because
you have ignored or refused to accept
a particular life situation.
• Recurring dreams repeat
themselves with little variation in
story or theme. These dreams
may be positive, but most often
they are nightmarish in content.
• They are so memorable and vivid,
that we simply cannot ignore them.
It’s details remain in your memory for
years, as if you’ve dreamt it last