Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• What is Kayak ? :
- Small, narrow, human-powered boat.
- Moving across water.
- Propelled manually by a double bladed paddle.
Types: depends on hull or body style.
- Sit On Top Kayak.
- 2 Person Kayak.
- Fishing Kayak.
- First made by: Ainu & Eskimo hunters.
- Regions: Eastern Asia, North America & Greenland.
Used for hunting: inland lakes, rivers, coastal waters
& Bering Sea.
4,000 years old
Design Principles Types:
A. River playboat
B. General purpose kayak (short)
C. Greenland-style sea kayak
D. Expedition sea kayak
E. Double sea kayak
Rules of competition:
1- Surfer must execute the most
controlled maneuvers in the critical
section of a wave with speed.
2- Surfer must change the direction of the
boat on the wave.
3- Higher scores occur if the surfer stays
in the critical section of the wave for long
4- The Biggest wave is the Best Wave.
surf Kayaking competition, Tofino,
British Columbia, in CANADA
WildWater Racing (WWR):
1- Classic race :
- Duration: between 10 and 30 minutes.
Each competitor completes one timed run
down the course.
Competitors start at one minute intervals
2- Sprint race :
- Between 300 meters and 600 meters long.
- two timed runs down the course.
- Competitors start at one minute intervals.
* Race team:
- 3 competitors MAX.
- Must start within 10 seconds & cross the finish
line within the same 10 seconds
- In clean and salt water.
- Stable and comfortable designs.
- a. Ease of use and transportation.
- b. An eco-friendly watercraft
- c. Fun and exercise.
• Used in the Second World War.
• By British Commando and
Kayaking in Abu Dhabi:
Organized by private companies &
Discover the Aquatic Landscape in Abu