20130627 TSSG An Introduction and Overview, Barry Downes
Introduction and Overview
• Founded: in 1996 by Dr. Willie Donnelly, currently 110 people.
• Expertise: is a leading software R&D Centre with particular
expertise in mobile, cloud and data driven services.
• Focus: doing world class research and translating it into knowledge
and technologies for industry in Ireland.
• Network: has worked with 425 academic and industry partners in
• Industry : completed over 120 direct industry projects over the past
Core Focus Areas
Software Platform and
Infrastructureas a Service
End-to-End development of
Social Network Analysis
Real-time & Batch
Innovation in a Box
Research Productization Commercialisation
TSSG are leaders in telecoms
service platforms and services.
Leveraging this developed a
cloud platform for enterprise
Took the technology to market,
and spun it off as a new
company FeedHenry, a leader in
TSSG are experts in data
mining and social network
DFI are leaders in mining
public databases for criminal
intelligence. Partnered with
TSSG for SNA.
Resulting in a new SNA product for
DFI which uses the Internet to
model the network and relationships
of persons of “interest”.
• End to end innovation around a client identified challenge or need.
• Research and Development – software engineers and PhD’s in Maths
and Computer Science working on your problem.
• Significant experience going from idea to ground breaking product.
• Is an industry engagement programme for TSSG.
• With specific offerings in mobile, RTC and data services.
• Supported and in partnership with Enterprise Ireland.
• The goal of the MSTG is to create an “in” for industry
into the TSSG and the broader research system in
• To do this MSTG works for industry in Ireland through:
– The EI Innovation Vouchers programme
– The EI Innovation Partners programme
– Contract R&D
TSSG Mobile Services Technology Gateway
Mobile Services Technology Gateway
Phone: +353 51 302932
Mob: +353 87 9075535