“Clouds & The JCB!”
►Deploying NGN Infrastructure & Services for 6Yrs+….Aertv.ie
►Extensive National and International reach
►Servicing Businesses and Consumers in Ireland and the UK
►Deploying Services In The Cloud and Enabling The Cloud for our
►$¼B investment into Telecom’s market in Ireland
Magnet Lives the Cloud
Most importantly…….enable the Cloud
…connecting organisations to the Cloud!
“The Network Is
Bill Joy 1984
The Cloud Is New Right?
“Cloud computing is a general term for anything that
involves delivering hosted services over the Internet.
These services are broadly divided into three
categories: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-
as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS)………. The consumer (Business or Residential)
needs nothing but a computer and
The Cloud Is An Island…..
“…….Without A Solid, Secure Bridge!”
- Q: How Resilient Is Your Current Connection
- Q: Is the access path secure
- Q: What Capacity Will You Need….but what about
Capacity/Bandwidth to the Customer
- What Level of Latency Is Required…(Measure of Time Delay)
- Is PING Time Important…..(think sonar ping or Round trip time from Host
Computer to Destination)
Before You Answer…..
Some Facts & Trends:
- Yottabyte: Fact or Fiction ?
- The TB Consumer….4.8% Traffic > 1TB+…early adopters
- AerTV….view time of 27mins....24% is Mobile!
- The Fat Pipe:
- Increasing % of Consumers seeking faster speeds
- Upload key
- Latency: Low is Key for Business Grade VOIP Experience.
- PING Time: Pico second…HFT & Gaming
Beware the Guy with the
JCB…He Does Not Like Clouds!
Ask Yourself Now…
o How Long can I Survive Without Being Able To:
o Send Out Sales quotes
o Not being able to take orders
o Use Email
o Issue Invoices
o Take Payment
o Answer = P45 Manager
o Who is providing your cloud application?
o Is it their platform / application?
oOr Hosted (Built on EC2)
o Who connects you to your mission critical
oNetwork Quality (Resilience & security)
o SLA’s – Networks DO Break so what’s the
Service Level…is it on paper or proven?
o Don’t take their word, audit the service