Be the first to like this
Up to 80 civilian nuclear power reactors will be shut down in the next ten years due to their operating life and political decisions in Europe.
The decommissioning of nuclear power plants poses high demands regarding national and international regulations, extensive funding, decontamination technologies and waste storage - resulting in a need for optimised decommissioning strategies, which have to be well coordinated among all participants.
Read the interview with Mark C. Lewis, Managing Director - Commodities Research, Deutsche Bank to get a snapshot of Europe’s evolving energy landscape and the
implications of a shift away from nuclear.
To discuss how to prepare for future decommissioning of power plants and to define optimal planning variants for the implementation, Join us at our 2nd International Nuclear Decommissioning Summit, 28 – 29 January 2014 in Berlin.
Hear presentations from highlight speakers such as Gérard Laurent - Decommissioning Expert at EDF-Électricité de France and Maurizio Boella - Directorate-General for Energy at the European Commission, specifically addressing these current issues:
* Receive an update on current status of decommissioning projects across Europe to identify future commercial opportunities for your business
* Gain insight into guidelines to help you manage regulatory control systems and ensure compliance to increase efficiency
* Get to grips with the development of innovative technologies for nuclear decommissioning, waste management and disposal to stay ahead of your competition
* Explore forecast decommissioning costs, review funding and implement risk mitigation strategies for timely and cost effective decommissioning plans
* Learn from recent project examples delivered with the supply chain and apply them to your project
* Discuss which dismantling and demolition techniques are the most reliable, economical and efficient for your project
If you wish to download the full interview or would like to see the Agenda for our 2nd International Nuclear Decommissioning Summit, follow this link: http://bit.ly/Slideshare-NuclearDecommissioningSummit