The development of embedded systems has become a key issue for automotive OEMs and tier one suppliers, as the functionality of electronic systems in vehicles has increased. Overcoming the current complexity of software components is a challenge being faced throughout the industry.
Earlier this year, Deodatta Joshi, Head – Embedded Systems Practice, Engineering & Design, at TATA Technologies made a presentation on the topic of
"What Does Safety Really Mean To Automotive Embedded Software Development"
The presentation goes into detail about the following key issues:
• Drivers for integration of safety processes in CMMI / Automotive SPICE
• Integrated development across collaborative teams
• Adoptability of standards at different software development stages
• Mapping ISO 26262 into CMMI process areas
• Safety software development life cycle
• Sharing of best practices: Random hardware failures / Analysis of cyclomatic complexity
• Understanding safety standards in CMMI & SPICE processes
Download the presentation here: http://bit.ly/ppTATA