Be the first to like this
In today´s automotive industry, developing new products and systems is more important than ever before. Central to the creation of innovative products is technology management. However, managing technology development has often proven to be a difficult task for many automotive companies.
Concerning intellectual property and patent management the biggest challenge is to continually analyze the current state of technology together with engineers and technicians. The knowledge that is gained should be used to identify the fields in which technology leadership or expertise can be expanded.
Because of the vast amount of R&D investment, often made with little guarantee for financial success, required to compete in the sector, collaborations and partnerships with and between OEM groups and between OEMs and suppliers have become commonplace.
Such co-operations may make perfect business sense, but it requires significant technology sharing, something that necessitates significant thought from a legal perspective, especially when an OEM opts to work with two suppliers to manage the risk for its component delivery and one supplier has to share its designs with the other.
· Explore the technology management challenges in the automotive industry
· Learn about new ways of leveraging innovation processes
· Gain insight into technology assessment strategies
· Find out how patent management can be the future of innovation management
· Ensure the organisational integration of intellectual property management as a significant asset