How did income inequality evolve during the financial crisis?
• If income inequalities increase in bad times, they do not necessarily revert back in good times
• Youngest age groups suffered more than the oldest during the crisis
• New types of labour contracts are often among the reasons for rising inequality
• Less generous welfare states saw inequality rise
• Inequality and poverty go hand in hand for the younger population
• We need more than a classic economic recovery to get out of the growing inequality trend