FME World Tour 2014 Customer Case Study - Dublin city council FME Server
Dublin City Council
FME SERVER IN DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
• In Context.
• Overview of Geo Portal – (FME Server Access)
• Demonstrate Typical Workflow.
• Overview of FME Server “Download Services”.
• Live demo ?
• Where Next ?
• Dublin City Council, largest Local Authority in Ireland
employing approximately 5,700 staff
• Provides a diverse range of services to a population
of over 500,000 . (see next slide)
• The 2014 Revenue Budget amounts to €802m, while
the three year Capital programme 2013 to 2015
amounts to €668.7m.
• ICT services and processes support many business
functions within the council which is spread over 180
In Context Cont’d
LA Program Groups
– Housing & Building Road
– Transportation & Safety
– Water Supply & Sewerage (Service Level
Agreement with Irish Water)
– Development Incentives & Controls
– Environmental Protection
– Recreation & Amenity
– Education, Health & Welfare
– Miscellaneous Services
• Increase Awareness and Services
– Promote via
• Workshops , Interest Groups, internal publications
– Develop more services
• Downloads, Translate, Upload and Streaming
• Part of an overall set of Corporate tools
• Initially seen as self service tool for staff.
• infinite number of possibilities.