Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
ICRAF in Ethiopia
• Bringing quality germplasm and services closer to
farmers through rural resources centres.
• Adding values to hillsides, unproductive exclosures
and rehabilitated gullies.
• Enhancing food and water security for the rural
poor by engaging national partners to scale up
profitable and higher food production systems
through the use of trees.
• Women’s livelihood improvement through
agroforestry to increase women’s economic power
and resilience capacity.
• Improving the income of poor households by better
linking them to markets.
• Restoring landscapes to enhance ecosystem functions,
services and resilience for better supply of food, feed,
and energy, and the whole ecosystem wellbeing.
• Helped understand the impact of trees and management
strategies on crop productivity, water resources and
nutrient recycling in distinct agro-ecologies through long-
term experimental trials in East Shewa and East Wellega.
• Undertook temperate and tropical fruit trees research in
four regions (Amhara, Oromia, South and Tigray).
• Established and strengthened rural resource centres in
Bako-Tibe, Bale, Atsbi and Ziway (Batu).
• Engaged in watershed-based landscape restoration to
transform lives and landscapes in Gergera-Atsbi.
• Added value to hillsides and exclosures through the use of
smart hill-top and -side water harvesting technologies and
the elaboration of a climate smart management plan,
including the integration of fruits, fodder, timber, firewood
and fertilizer trees/shrubs.
• Transformed gullies from threats into opportunities:
offering livelihood options to landless youth and women.
• Supported Ethiopia’s Sustainable Land Management
Program with climate smart agriculture.
• Established robust tree seed system and supported
forest landscape restoration.
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food secure future
• Enhancing food and water security for improved rural
• Africa-RISING (Africa- research in sustainable
intensification for the next generation) program
• Integrating high value fruit trees project
• Enhancing Integrated Watershed Management with
Climate Smart Agriculture in Gergera Watershed project
• Trees for Food Security Project: bringing trees on farm
Fiji Temperate Fruit
Wukro Saint Mary
የኢትዮጵያ የግብርና ምርምር ኢንስቲትዩት
Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural
This poster is licensed for use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
Licence. March 2016
Poster by the World Agroforestry Centre, March 2016