On Wednesday 9th November 2016, ILC-UK held it's second annual future of Ageing conference.
We welcomed over 180 delegates made up of business leaders; charity sector experts; public sector decision makers; local authority staff; academics; and senior journalists.
The one day conference was chaired by Baroness Slly Greengross OBE and Lawrence Churchill CBE, and we heard from the following speakers:
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Ben Franklin, Head of Economics of an Ageing Society, ILC-UK
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dwayne Johnson, Director of Social Care and Health at Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Dr Margaret McCartney, Author and Broadcaster
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority