Norway - Open for business
Director Industry Development
• About IKT-Norge
• Norway and ICT
• Norway as a technology leader
• Why choose Norway
• Our core strengths
• Partnering possibilities
• Largest business association for the ICT industry.
• Membership of 400 companies with total turnover of 15 bill. Euro.
• Represents all parts of the ICT value chain, from content
providers to infrastructure.
• International network
o member of EICTA, WITSA, and ICC
• Sets the ICT industry on the agenda – in politics, in media, in the
business- and financial community and in the the general public.
• Promotes R&D, export- and internationalization and innovation
within the ICT industry
• OSEX :
• Oil price down over 50%--but on the way up
• Unemployment on the way up...but lowest in Europe
• The ICT-sector is not hurting now...but....
• Expect little or no increase in growth next year
• Effect on sales
– This time... positive given a bulletproof business case.... P
– ricing is vital
– RoI backed by evidence based business case
What the numbers say...
ATH 530 - Crisis: 230 - Current: 345
The ICT sector is booming
• ICT market is highly mature
• Norwegian companies are among the first to adopt and
implement new solutions.
• Rapid process of modernization in the public sector based on
• Norwegian ICT increasingly merits international attention, and
several Norwegian ICT companies are represented in the
Deloitte FAST 500 ranking.
• Overwiev of the biggest industries in Norway
1. Oil & Gas 279 bill. NOK
2. Constructions 183 bill NOK
3. ICT-sector 166 bill NOK
4. Food –sector 124 bill NOK
o Forestry 31 bill NOK
o Software industry 27 bill NOK
o Fisheries 23 bill NOK
10 reasons for choosing Norway
1. World leader in wireless communications, the Internet and new media
2. Excellent innovation and entrepreneurial climate
3. Sophisticated personal and industrial IT usage
4. World class IT and telecom infrastructure
5. Outstanding test market
6. Competitive workforce with good language skills
7. Management skills, well suited for a global high-tech economy
8. A well-developed financial market
9. Internationally-oriented society
10.High industrial productivity and profitability
Last but not least: Wealthy and willing to invest in technology
Our core strengths
• Humanizing technology • Telecom solutions
o Technology which o Tandberg
enables human interaction o Telenor
o User interfaces • eGov
• Applications for mobile o Public services 24/7
communications o ICT for health care
o Browsers: eg Opera EPJ
o Search:eg FAST o ICT for education
o SDK: eg TROLLTECH LMS
• Open Source solutions
Audio/Video Patient signal TV distribution
Message server Pasient Admin
Log on/ pleier Bio-Ing.
Network Data Data
DMF/NTNU St. Olav
Approaching the Norwegian market
• Excellent products and services
• Reference customers...
– Norwegian if not....
– ...Scandinavian if not...
– ....North-European if not..
– ... Personal contact
• We are willing to take a risk...but..
– We have a rigid system on:
• Deliverance on promise
• Be open on problems, we like that...
• Triple check if specs are understood
• Seing is believing..
– Must see the facilities and meet management
Norway open for business
• We need:
o International partners who can provide:
The packaging of a product or a service
Tie innovation with market orientation
Hardware to our software
Contact: Fredrik Syversen, IKT-Norge