This is basically a list of sections that we cover. Some really interesting data and insight provided on the UK BA Profession. Sample size at 421 is good but the more participation we get the more
This this slide is pretty self explanatory. By identification of a current state we can, at individual and practice level, identify where we are and where we should be to help drive skills and performance forward. Suppliers can use the data to offer more relevant / tailored products – thereby better supporting the industry as a whole.
Download a copyShare with colleaguesSign up to our mailing list (on the website)Practice level assessments to show how a specific BA Practice are preforming against the national benchmarks (by sector, etc) are avialble – they just need to drop me a line.
* Why is this important? It highlights great suppliers who are supporting the profession today. As a democratic award (BAs do the voting) it highlights those suppliers that are really making a difference to the BA profession today.* Voting will take place during September*
BA Survey and IIBA Update - NW&E
• Now running for two years.• The ONLY comprehensive UK Wide benchmarking for BAs.• Results FREE to all.• Published under Creative Commons (free to use anddistribute).
• Profile across the UK (Location, sector, length of career)• Professional Activity (processes, duties covered and techniques used)• Practice Maturity• Personal Opinions (growth, recognition)• IIBA UK Performance• Professional Tools usage• Qualification Holdings• Employment (Retention and Attraction)• Remuneration (Salaries, Day Rates, Bonus, Benefits)Sample Size for 2012 is 421
‘’78% of Business Analystsfeel that the use ofprofessional requirementselicitation and managementtools helps to ensure goodquality projectsWant to find out more?2012 BA Survey Results – Out Soon!www.uk.theIIBA.org
‘’95% of UK IIBA Memberswould recommend theorganisation to otherBusiness AnalystsWant to find out more?2012 BA Survey Results – Out Soon!www.uk.theIIBA.org
‘’8 out of 10 BusinessAnalysts feel that their roleis gaining in recognitionWant to find out more?2012 BA Survey Results – Out Soon!www.uk.theIIBA.org
‘’63% of BusinessAnalysts are usingAgile SoftwareDevelopmentapproachesWant to find out more?2012 BA Survey Results – Out Soon!www.uk.theIIBA.org
• The IIBA UK take a major interest in the growth of the BA Profession in the UK;• Measure it – Drive it!Enables personal identification ofself against my professionEnables BA Practices to identifytheir maturity against othersEnables Suppliers to offer moretailored products and servicesDrive theProfessionforwards!Annual
• Download a copy of the results from http://uk.theiiba.org/index.php/about-us/basurvey• Share with your colleagues.• Sign up to our mailing list to take part / receive results for 2013 (Late September).• You could win a place at the European BA Conference through participation.• If you’re interested in Practice Level Assessments – Drop a line firstname.lastname@example.org
• Launch of 2013 Supplier of the Year Awards– Sign Up to our mailing list to vote.– Working with great suppliers? encourage them to signup to get the recognition they deserve.• BA of the Year Awards are now open fornomination.– visit AssistKD.com website for details of applicationprocesses and dates• IIBA UK Board Elections– Due shortly (Nominations and voting)• Keep the conversation going…– Twitter @UKIIBA and #UKIIBA- LinkedIn Groups ‘IIBA UK Northwest and EastBranch’, ‘International Institute of Business Analysis, UKChapter’, ‘IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis)’- Sign Up for the IIBA UK Mailing list