LT03 IDNOG04 - Dewangga - IPv6 Implementation for End Users
for End Users (RA)
On RouterOS Device
• IPv6 subnetting ?
• Hardware or firmware support ?
• We are afraid to deploy new technology ? :-)
• IPv4 NAT issue on approximately thousand(s)
device(s) connected at the same time -- no CGN :-)
• Utilize bandwidth usage both IPv4 and IPv6 at the
• End-to-end encryption and low-risk man-in-the-middle
• Deployment using RouterOS (MikroTik)
• SME (Small-Medium Enterprise) Infrastructure
CORE Switch2001:6400:dead:beef::/64 2001:6400:dead:beef::2/64
Branch A: 2001:6400:dead:b33f::/64
Branch B: 2001:6400:dead:b055::/64
• Just enable IPv6 Configuration on your operating system
that support ipv6 RA (latest operating system are native
IPv6 Support by default)
• Client should be received IPv6 from RA
(eg: 2001:6400:dead:b33f:5054:ff:fe3d:498f or
• Do NOT do any deployment if you aren't ready yet.
Don't leave any vulnerable system exposed to the
• By enabling IPv6 to end user(s), we are helping the
operators to reduce usage of CGN and Router CPU
Resource because of NAT.
• Ensure the scalability, reachability and connectability
for end user(s).