• All media messages are constructed.
• Media messages are constructed using a
• creative language with its own rules.
• Different people experience the same messages
• Media have embedded values and points of view.
• Media messages are constructed to gain profit
• and/or power.
QuickTime™ and a
are needed to see this picture.
Social Media for Social
• Facebook: Letterbombing
• German Aids Awareness Campaign
• Ning: Transition Towns Network
• Blogs- WhyDoYouDoWhatYouDo?
• You-Tube: Iranian Elections
• Climate Camp TV
• Twitter: Tweetminster
• Avvaz : Avaaz
• Google Maps: Crowdsourcing
Images of the Global
• Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and
• Messages (2007)
• 1. Respect for the dignity of the people concerned in the use
• images and messages
• 2. Belief in the equality of all people
• 3. Acceptance of the need to promote fairness, solidarity and