As the second biggest source market for international students, India still needs to be better understood by international institutes, especially from the US. Today we turn to Director & CEO Pushpinder Bhatia of PAC Asia Services, an agency based in New Delhi, India that helps foreign students throughout the various stages in their international education attainment. His presentation reviews:
- The education system in India and new trends in India;
- When students start planning their overseas education journey;
- Mapping of programmes of interest by region and possible strategies for institutes;
- How to enter the Indian and the subcontinent market;
- Effective agency management: relationship mapping and expectations.
As parent and student expectations continue to increase, the role of student recruitment agencies has changed and evolved beyond the admissions process to include additional services surrounding the visa and travel process, as well as the counselling process. For more information on how international student recruiters prepare young people for their studies overseas, please see the accompanying article ''Beyond student recruiting: agents' roles as counsellors'' and video interview with Mr Bhatia: http://bit.ly/Xh6tK5.