New functionality was delivered in z/OS 2.1 to provide support for Partitioned Data Set Extended (PDSE) V2 member generations and enhancements to the IEBCOPY utility. In this session, you will discover how IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS allows you to exploit these new functions to manipulate and control member generations in ISPF and provides additional capabilities to the IEBCOPY utility. IBM® Data Set Commander for z/OS® delivers interactive and batch capabilities for managing, monitoring and manipulating partitioned data sets to improve IT productivity. Key features of IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS are:
· Enhances z/OS IEBCOPY batch capability to help application and system programmers manage and manipulate partitioned and sequential data sets.
· Monitors LLA-related events and automatically refreshes the Library Lookaside (LLA) directory entries and Virtual Lookaside Facility (VLF) objects of updated LLA-managed members to help manage LLA and VLF operations.
· Enhances z/OS audit capability and combines with z/OS capabilities to generate an audit trail for tracking Partitioned Data Set (PDS) and Partitioned Data Set Extended (PDSE) member level activity.
· Enhances ISPF with additional commands, shortcuts and improvements to most major functions to reduce keystrokes, save time, eliminate errors, and make users more productive.
· Enhances z/OS PDSE member generations support with additional capabilities for managing and manipulating PDSE member generations.
Topics covered during this webinar:
· Data Set Commander Overview
· PDSE V2 Member Generation Support
· Enhancements to IEBCOPY
· ISPF Productivity