- The reason you do this is you want to become the
first company to achieve critical scale and build
enduring market leadership.
Example - Amazon
Amazon: blitzscale multiple times with Amazon
marketplace, Amazon Web Service…
All are uncertainty,
what are the proven?
It’s business model innovation
1. PROVEN PATTERN #1: BITS RATHER THAN ATOMS
2. PROVEN PATTERN #2: PLATFORMS
3. PROVEN PATTERN #3: FREE OR FREEMIUM
4. PROVEN PATTERN #4: MARKETPLACES
5. PROVEN PATTERN #5: SUBSCRIPTIONS
6. PROVEN PATTERN #6: DIGITAL GOODS
7. PROVEN PATTERN #7: FEEDS
4 Key Growth Factors (2)
Great products are certainly a positive—but the cold
and unromantic fact is that a good product with great
distribution will almost always beat a great product
with poor distribution.
2 Key Growth Limiters
1. Lack of product/market fit
2. Optional Scalability
When to blitzscale?
1. When to start blitzscaling?
- First-scaler advantage
- Learning curve
2. When to stop blitzscaling?
- Run out of overhead
- Speed and momentum are not important
THE FIVE STAGES OF
Hiring for Blitzscaler
1. Hire someone who is already a known quantity to
at least one member of the team.
2. Bring the new executive in at a lower level initially
and let the executive prove himself or herself.
3. Once the executive has earned the team’s trust
and credibility, consider promoting him or her.
Blitzscaling within a larger
1. Leverage the existing scale
Huỳnh Hữu Tài