Organizational leaders and communicators face a daunting challenge in the face of a reputational crisis today. While none of the age-old fundamentals of communication have changed, the introduction of social channels to the mix has irrevocably changed the rules. In this session, online communication authority Shel Holtz will explain the impact of digital and social media on crisis communication, and help you learn how to...
* Accommodate the new definition of "news"
* Understand the role of the community manager during a crisis
* Make the case for a corporate blog as a vehicle for instant response
* Convince the Legal team that transparency will produce the best result
* Develop asseets others can use to support your efforts
* Apply the tried-and-true crisis principles to modern crisis situations
Shel Holtz is principal of Holtz Communication + Technology, consulting with organizations on the use of online technology to support strategic communciation objectives. The author of six communications-themed books, Shel is a regular speaker at conferences and workshops. He blogs at http://blog.holtz.com and co-hosts the first and longest-running communications-focused podcast, "For Immediate Release," at http://www.forimmediaterelease.biz. Shel is a founding Fellow of the Society for New Communication Research and is a Fellow of the International Association of Business Communicators. Sponsored by Human 1.0