In containerized applications, the ephemeral nature of these workloads add a key dimension to making the logs useful: CONTEXT. Our talk showcases some standard patterns to ensure the logging in Containers and Kubernetes has a PRECISE CONTEXT regardless of the logging solutions used by the end users.
• Docker Logging Driver
• Streaming StdOut & StdErr
• Plan storage capacity
• Still logging to files?
• Use logging libraries !!
• Kubelet magic - /var/log/containers
• Read only access!!
• Added Complexity?
• Respawned containers for applications
• Containers scheduled on different hosts
• But what about the all important CONTEXT ?
• Kubernetes Filter
Log like a Champ!!
• Go beyond Application logging
• Tracing Spans
• Few Solutions we like