The Prince Royal's College, Junior Section, Thailand, Seoul Choongmoo Elementary School, Republic of Korea and Birla High School Junior Section, Kolkata---Global Project--History, Architecture and Monuments of Respective Cities.
The only Japanese Buddhist temple in Kolkata is located on the southern fringe of the Rabindra Sarovar. It was established in 1935 by Nichidatsu Fujii, founder of the worldwide Buddhist association, the Nipponzan Myohoji. Monks offer prayers in Japanese, to the sound of beating drums, in the early morning hours and at dusk. There are no restrictions on entry to the main temple even when prayers are in progress. Outside the main temple building there is a pillar, with a message of peace engraved in Japanese, and a pair of lions that symbolise the guardians of the faith. The Japanese refer to these figures as Komainu (lion-dog).
The Dakshineswar Kali Temple is a Hindu temple located in Dakshineswar :In 1847, Rani Rashmoni of Bengal began the construction of the famous Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Situated on the eastern bank of the Hooghly River, the presiding deity of the temple is Bhavatarini, an aspect of Kali literally meaning, 'She who takes Her devotees across the ocean of existence‘, standing on the chest of a lying Shiva , and the two idols are placed on a thousand-petaled lotus made of silver. Rani Rashmoni remained closely associated with Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa after she appointed him as the priest of the temple... Built in the traditional 'Nava-ratna' or nine spires style of Bengal architecture, the three-storeyed south-facing temple has nine spires distributed in upper two storeys, and stands on a high platform with a flight of stairs, over all it measures 46 feet square and rises over 100 feet high. Close to the main temple are the row of twelve identical Shiva temples built facing the east in the typical ‘Aat Chala’ Bengal architecture, they are built on either side of the ghat on the Hoogly river. To the North east of the Temple Complex is the Vishnu Temple or the Radha Kanta’s Temple. A flight of steps lead to the columned verandah and into the temple where a silver throne rests with a 21 and half inches idol of Lord Krishna and 16 inches idol of Radha.
The Victoria Memorial building is dedicated to Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom And the empress of India . This museum is located in the capital city of West Bengal - Kolkata. . The memorial was established in the year 1921. The memorial was designed by Sir William Emerson in an architectural style similar to Belfast City Hall The Victoria Memorial is massive in its size and stands enclosed within blooming gardens that spread over to an area of 64 acres. It houses a museum containing a large collection of memorabilia relating to Victoria and British presence in India as well as other exhibits.
The tallest statue of Lord Gomateshwara in the heart of the city.
The Marble Palace was built in 1835 by Raja Rajendra Mullick , a wealthy Bengali merchant with a passion for collecting works of art. The house is basically Neoclassical in style, while the plan with its open courtyards is largely traditional Bengali. The three-storey building has tall fluted Corinthian pillars and ornamented verandas with fretwork and sloping roofs, built in the style of a Chinese pavilion. The premises also include a garden with lawns, a rock garden, a lake and a small zoo. The house contains large quantities of Western sculpture and Victorian furniture, paintings by European and Indian artists, and other objets d'art. The house is said to contain two paintings by Rubens , The Marriage of St. Catherine and The Martyrdom of St. Sebastian. There are also said to be two paintings by Sir Joshua Reynolds , The Infant Hercules Strangling the Serpent and Venus and Cupid. Other artists said to figure in the collections include Titian , Murillo , and John Opie .
The Jorashanko Thakurbari is the ancestral home of the Tagore family . It is situated in Jorasanko , north of Kolkata , West Bengal , India . The world famous poet and the Nobel Laureate, Rabindranath Tagore was born in this house and also and died in this house. It was built in the 18th century by Prince Dwarkanath Tagore (Rabindranath Tagore's grandfather). The house is now known as the Rabindra Bharti Museum and is housed within the Rabindra Bharti University. The museum was established in "Jorasanko Thakurbari" by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India. The Museum is an important part of the Rabindra Bharati University, established in 1962, for the advancement of the highest education in various disciplines of Humanities and Performing Arts. Rabindra Bharti Museum celebrates the first day of the month of Baishakh - the birthday of Rabindra Nath Tagore and 25th Baishakh and the death of the poet respectively .
St.Paul's Cathedral is built on the Indo-Gothic style of architecture. It was built in the year 1847 by Major W.N.Forbes of the East India Company. The height of the Cathedral is 201 ft. This Cathedral has the rare distinction of being the 1st Episcopal Church of the East. The peak of St.Paul's Cathedral has been designed as a replica of the famous Canterbury Cathedral's Henry Tower. One of the prized possession of the Cathedral is the "Communion Plate" which Queen Victoria bestowed upon Bishop Wilson. The stained glass of the western window, designed in 1880 by Sir Edward Burne Jones is indeed marvelous and during the sunset the reflection through the window is truly ethereal. The Cathedral also has beautiful Florentine frescoes, which are of outstanding quality.
Science City, the largest science centre in the sub-continent, under the National Council of Science Museums The Science Centre complex comprises Space Odyssey, Dynamotion, Evolution Theme Park, Maritime Centre and a Science Park. The Space Odyssey houses India’s first Large Format Film Theatre, Time Machine, 3-D Vision Theatre, Mirror Magic and exhibits on space science, motion, electricity and virtual reality. The Dynamotion Hall has a Butterfly Corner, Aquaria, an exposition on giant robotic insects and host of interactive exhibits on science & technology for both education and entertainment of the visitors. The Convention Centre complex comprises the Grand Theatre (2232 seating capacity), one Mini Auditorium (392 seating capacity) and a Seminar hall building with 11 halls ranging from 15 to 100 seating capacity, indoor (270sq.m.) and open air exhibition ground (20000 sq. m). The auditoria’s and the seminar halls are fully air-conditioned.