founder, CEO- SNAPCHAT
• Evan Spiegel is a successful, self made billionaire
who founded snapchat, a photo sharing mobile
• Evan was born in Los Angeles, California, to
Melissa Ann Thomas and John W. Spiegel. Both of
his parents are lawyers.
• He was educated at the Crossroads School for
Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica, and
attended Stanford University
• He founded Snapchat at the tender age of 22
whilst studying at Stanford University.
• He initially presented the idea as a class
project, before going ahead - along with co-
founders Robert Murphy and Reggie Brown -
to build it as a social networking platfom.
• Although Even Spiegel co-founded Snapchat
with two others, he is the one who claimed
the title of Chief Executive Officer the
Some facts about him
• Joining the same club as Bill Gates, Mark
Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs, in 2012 Evan dropped
out of Stanford and his course in Product Design.
• In 2013, he turned down a
$3 billion cash acquisition
offer from Facebook
that would have personally
netted him $750 million.
• According to Forbes, Spiegel's
current net worth is $2.1 billion.
• Snapchat is an image
messaging and multimedia mobile application
which was released on september 2011.
• The corporate headquarters are located
in Venice, California.
• The idea behind creating snapchat was to
create a selfie app which allowed users to share
images that were explicitly short-lived and self-
Why is he an idol to me?
• Despite choosing a promising career like that of
his parents, Evan chose to do something off beat.
• He was a below average student, but such an
enthusiast bout his project that he dropped off
his college degree without giving any second
• He turned down $3 billion from Facebook.“There
are very few people in the world who get to build
a business like this," he told Forbes at the time. "I
think trading that for some short-term gain isn't