• ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH RECRUITMENT
• SOURCES OF RECRUITMENT
• ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
• The Process of attracting individuals in sufficient
numbers with the right skills and at appropriate
times to apply for open positions with in
• Job Posting
• Interview Process
• Pre Employment test
• Cost Per hire
Sources of Recruitment
ADVANTAGES OF INTERNAL
• It is time saving, economical, simple and
• There is no need of induction training
• It motivates the employees of work hard in
order to get higher jobs in the same
• It increases the morale of the employees.
• It reduce executive turnover.
DISADVANTAGES OF INTERNAL
• It prevents new blood from entering the
• It has limited scope because it is not possible
to fill up all types of vacancies from within the
• The position of the person who is promoted
or transferred will be vacant.
• Those who are not promoted will be unhappy.
ADVANTAGES OF EXTERNAL
• It encourages young blood with new ideas to
enter the organization.
• It offers wide scope for selection. This is
because a large number of suitable
candidates will come for the selection
• There are less chances of bias or partiality.
• Here there is no need to maintain confidential
DISADVANTAGES OF EXTERNAL
• It is very costly. This is because
advertisements, test, medical examination
etc., has to be conducted.
• It is very time consuming. This is because the
selection process is very lengthy.
• It may not develop loyalty among the existing
• The existing managers may leave the
organization if outsiders are given higher post.
LATEST TRENDS IN RECRUITMENT
• Recruitment Technology(Mobile, Social media)
2.3 million in 2012 to 9.3 million in 2013.
• Workforce Analytics
• Social Hiring
INNOVATION IN RECRUITMENT
EARLY SCRRENING & GRILLING