• 1. Analyse the impact of media representation on the
collective identity of one or more groups of people.
2. Compare the different ways in which one or more groups
of people are represented in the media.
3. Analyse the ways in which at least one group of people is
4. Discuss the social implications of media in relation to
5. How do media representations influence collective
6. Discuss the different ways in which groups of people are
represented by media.
7. Discuss how one o more groups of people are represented
through the media?
• 8. Media and Collective Identity – how does one affect the
• 9. Media constructions are just reflections of reality, not
constructions or distortions. Discuss.
• 8. Explain the role played by the media in the construction
of collective identity.
9. Analyse the ways in which the media represent groups of
10. What is collective identity and how is it mediated?
11. With reference to one group of people you have studied,
discuss how their identity has been mediated.
12. ‘Media representations are complex, not simple and
straightforward.’ How far do you agree with this statement in
relation to the collective group you have studied?
13. Analyse the ways in which the media represent one
group of people that you have studied.
14. ‘The media do not construct collective identity; they
merely reflect it.” Discuss.
• 15. Media simply represent collective identity, they don’t
create it. How far doe you agree with this statement?
• 16. Explain what is meant by Collective Identity and the role
of the media in its construction