Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
865 300 6908
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Master of Public Administration, concentration in Government
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Minor Sociology
Summary of Qualifications
Dedicated professional with over 25 years of experience and a proven track record in constituent services,
community outreach, and leadership.
Analytical, organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to successfully manage multiple
Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, able to successfully interface with a public of
diverse backgrounds, as well as associates and management at all levels.
Innovative effective leader with the ability to train, supervise, and motivate team to perform at their
Knoxville Area Urban League, Director of Development 2015-Present
- Increased revenue stream including board and corporate donations, direct and individual giving,
local, state, and federal grants.
- Created marketing materials and social and media campaigns as part of public relation strategies.
- Designed and managed web site.
- Lead on Little Green Light database and Constant Contact software programs.
RFP Engine, RFP Specialist 2014 - 2015
- Successfully determined proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs.
- Obtained approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and Microsoft officials.
- Improved overall proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach,
coordination and templates.
Knox County Government, Community Outreach, Senior Director 2005-2013
- Supervised three departments: Senior Services, Veteran’s Services and Special Events.
- Supervised, organized, and implemented special events ranging from Mayor’s Back to School Bash
(5,000 attendees) to Senior Picnic (800 attendees).
- Solicited business leaders for sponsorship of county wide events.
- Oversaw the planning and implementation of community events, schedules, volunteers, and
maintenance of county facilities. Project Manager of new senior center construction.
- Successfully managed, prepared and monitored budgets with an annual budget of $1,000,000.
- Coordinated all publications with a circulation of more than 150,000 for department.
- Selected to serve as Mayor’s representative for community activities.
- Supervised a staff of over eighteen to ensure community approval rates within three administrations.
Knox County Government, Department of Community Development, Director 2000-2005
- Served as a Primary Grant Contact for federal grants. Researched and wrote grant applications.
- Directed U.S. Housing and Urban Development CDBG and HOME grants. Prepared annual plans and
budgets for the use of approximately $2,000,000 in grant funds.
- Directed a staff of twelve to ensure Federal, State and Local compliance.
- Established methods and procedures resulting in stable, reliable, and consistent policy.
- Made recommendations to County Mayor on grant funding awarded to community agencies.
- Served as a liaison between non-profit agencies and Knox County by organizing numerous community
Comptroller of the Treasury, Office of Research and Education Accountability, 1995-2000
State of Tennessee, Senior Legislative Research Analyst
- Researched and analyzed public policy issues for the Tennessee General Assembly and the Comptroller
of the Treasury.
- Staffed and served as liaison to legislative committees formed to study various topics. Supervised senior
analysts, associate analysts and interns.
- Analyzed the fiscal impact of proposed legislation with an emphasis on local government and wrote fiscal
notes for consideration and budgetary purposes.
- Led several high profile projects, including workers’ compensation, racial profiling and zero tolerance in
- Owner and Operating Partner of Choice Properties, IHG properties, and Carleson properties.
- Sales Director, Marketing Director, Vendor Management and Chief Budgeting Officer.
- Business Development and Customer Relations Management.
IndiaFest Chair 2013, 2014
- Event leader, Hindu Community Center’s biggest single fundraiser with over 3000 attendees.
- Fund Manager.
- Managed all social and digital marketing campaigns.
- Recruited, trained and managed over 150 volunteers.
- Substitute Teacher, Webb School of Knoxville.
- Featured on monthly Indian cuisine and culture segment on NBC affiliate WBIR.
- Girl Scout Troop Leader #20616.
- Chair, Fund the Mission, March of Dimes, Knoxville Signature Chef Auction 2014.
- Board Member of Visit Knoxville, Chair of Sales Committee, ETHRA, East TN Development District,
John T. O’Connor, Knoxville Volunteer Rescue, and Williams Creek Wee Course, Cobblestone Park
Neighborhood Board of Directors.
- Coach, AYSO Leagues U10, U8, U6 Girls.
- Member, Leadership Knoxville Class of 2011.
- Co-Chair, IndiaFest 2010, 2011, 2015.
- Volunteer, Second Harvest and Random Acts of Flowers.
Publications and Reports Authored
“Getting Tough on Kids: A Look at Zero Tolerance.” January 1998.
“Workers Compensation Annual Reports 1996, 1997, and 1998.”
Ms. Angie Crabtree
Webb School of Knoxville
Mr. Wayne A. Ritchie
Ritchie, Dilliard, Davies & Johnson PC.
Mr. John Morgan
Tennessee Board of Regents