It’s Metal Free !!
The Best Choice for:
• Security Screening
• Hospitals/MRI Labs
Areas in need of
Strong and Durable
In this presentation we want to give;
• a brief introduction of our new and innovative product.
• an eloboration about the advantages of universal design – no loose parts
• why thermoplastics are the superior choice of materials.
Wheelchair users meet many hindrances, and an air trip can be apprehended as a problem. To give equal rights
EU have established Regulation No 1107/2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons with reduced mobility
when travelling by air
Normal wheelchairs contain metal which activates metal detectors.
Users will upon activation, be controlled manually – some feel this as unpleasant.
As EasyRoller is metal free - the wheelchair users can easily pass the security control point without being subject to
The back, the seat and the armrests are
upholstered, and combined with
a functional footrest, the sitting comfort
It is really a question of respect!
An excellent choice for;
• Developed in close collaboration with The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
• Designed by the Norwegian Design House, Eker Design.
• Design, Functionality and Ergonomics closely validated by MD’s – Physiotherapists and Users.
• Certified according to the stricktes rule at The Swedish Institute of Assistive Technology (HI)
• Certified by CEIA, Manufacturer of Security Portals
• Certified as MR safe (7 tesla) both by GE, Siemens and Phillips
• Certified according to ISO 9001
• Produced in Germany.
• Extremely Strong and Durable
• Made from Recyclable PE and PA
• Winner of Design Prices in Germany and
• Design Patented
• Sold in more than 20 countries.
The EasyRoller is an Extremely Strong and Durable Product.
• Body and Footrest are from Rotomolded PE
• The Rims are injectionmolded Nylon
• The Tyres are Tubeless PU
• The Brake System is Injectionmolded Nylon
• There are POM and Glass Ballbearings in the Wheels
• The Main Axle is reinforced with 25% Glassfibre.
• The Seat and Back Paddings are from water resistant EVA
• 17 kgs 67 x 82,5 x 105 cm (w x l x h)
• Hygiene Cover
• Raincoat Body and Footrest, 5 years
• Safety belt Other parts, 1 year
• Luggage net (10 kgs)
• Sliding Board After producing more than 800 units - we have
still not received 1 single serious complaint on
quality, nor has it been necessary to do any major
NORWEGIAN DESIGN COUNCIL
As the EasyRoller is a wheelchair mainly intended for public use and institutions, one of the aims with
developing the EasyRoller was to acheive an Universal Design of a product which is New – Different – Better.
The development was supported by a reference group of MD’s, physotherapist and several users.
- Increased safety for the user. Strong Tip Stops which only allow a tipping of 5 degrees backwards.
- No loose parts. Always ready to go.
- Maneuverability. Very easy to manouver for the assistant, even singlehanded.
- Easy Access in and out of the chair, without having to dismantle armrests.
- Strong and adjustable brake system.
- No metals
- Easy to clean
- Maintenance limited to a minimum
Our aim was not to design a wheel chair for all purposes.
The EasyRoller is specially made for institutions and
MRI / Healthcare
The wheelchair is especially designed for use at hospitals and institutions.
In a MR laboratory no steel equipment is allowed due to the strong magnetic forces.
Conventional wheelchairs are hence excluded.
The EasyRoller is metal free and is used at a high number of MR laboratories in Scandinavia and Europe.
- EasyRoller Hospital & Institution allows patients to be transported directly to the MRI machine.
- EasyRoller Hospital & Institution has no parts that can be removed and it demands very little maintenance.
The wheelchair has good quality when it comes to driving and maneuvering.
The back, the seat and the armrests are
upholstered, and combined with the
footrest, the sitting comfort is excellent.
The lack of any metals, the good
maneuverability and the fact that the
EasyRoller is easy to keep clean -
are among the reasons why hospitals
also prefer the EasyRoller as porter’s
The EasyRoller is tested and approved
for use with the 7 Tesla MRI equipment
Some of our satisfied reference customers
Trondheim, Værnes Airport
Kristiansand Airport, Kjevik
Harstad/Narvik Airport Evenes
Gothenburg City Airport
Las Palmas Airport
University Hospital,– Tromsø
University Hospital in Oslo (Via Siemens)
University Hospital in Trondheim
The Radium Hospital in Oslo (Via
Unilabs Norway (different locations)
University Hospital in Stavanger
Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm
Sahlgrenska Hospital, Gothenburg
Nette Gut – Forensic Hospital
Skien, High Security Prison, Norway
Kumla, High Security Detention,
The Hague, Prison for War Criminals,
Brisbane Correctional Centre
«To become the world wide
natural choice for anyone in need
of a metal free wheel chair – with
unique design and quality
For Further Information :
Easy Roller AS, Hagebyveien 40, 3734 Skien,
+47 917 42 179