HELEN P. CASSELE
Lilburn, GA 30047
Extensive experience in B-to-B Accounts Receivable with proven success managing commercial,
distributor and government accounts. Specialist in turning around troubled receivables. Customer
service experience in developing, maintaining and improving client relationships. Process
improvement focused, data-driven, analytical, a solution focused problem solver, ability to
SKILLS Microsoft Office Suite XP Professional, J.D. Edwards, SAP, Elite Enterprise, ARCS Softrax,
ManMan, Fourth Generation, Boomerang, Geac SmartStream, Geac AR:M, Geac CT:M, Geac
11/15 – Present The Intersect Group (CONFIDENTIAL), Atlanta, GA
Contractor position as Collection Analyst/Team Lead at a Manufacturing Company
• Prepare daily ACH deposit for cash application analyst
• Reconcile GL cash account to ACH bank deposit
• Assist eight (8) collection analysts with problem accounts in individual portfolios
• Contact customers to collect on past due invoices
• Special projects as assigned
10/13 – 01/15 McKenna Long and Aldridge, LLP, Atlanta, GA
Client Account Specialist
• Monitor receivables for past due accounts and contact client to collect payments.
• Identify and initiate credit memo or write-offs for incorrect billings or disputed fees or costs.
• Liaison with attorneys and clients to resolve issues that prevent payment of accounts.
• Set up installment plans to pay off past due balances.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive client account information.
07//12 – 09/12 ABM, Inc., Duluth, GA (Temporary Assignment)
Assistant to Regional Administrator
• Assist with all duties pertaining to A/R, A/P and Payroll.
• Enter vendor invoices onto Payables expense tracker, match and add PO number and approval,
process bi-weekly check batch in J. D. Edwards
• Maintain Payroll record for field personnel and process bi-weekly check batch, ensure all I-9
requirements were up to date
• Maintain and track receivables aging and make collection calls as needed.
• Issue credit adjustments for billing errors
• Maintain files for Dept. of Labor notices for each state personnel were located
10/08 – 02/11 New WinCup Holdings, Inc., Stone Mountain, GA
Revenue Accounts Receivable Manager
• Manage receivables of 250M in annual billings and 230M in annual lockbox cash receipts
and average monthly A/R balance of 23M.
• Protect the A/R asset to maximize credit availability of asset-based lending.
• Analyze receivables and devise strategy to maximize collections and minimize bad debts.
Leverage shipment holds and establish payment plans for at-risk accounts. Review and adjust
credit limits. Refer terminated accounts to outside collections.
• Manage and evaluate staff of five (5) A/R Specialists and two (2) temps responsible for
collections, account adjustments and cash posting.
• Reconciliation of Trade A/R and Bad Debt accounts to the General Ledger.
• Continuously seek and implement process improvements to better manage receivable
functions. Successfully designed and implemented improvements to cash application and
rebate credit processes. This ensured more accurate receivables resulting from short paid
invoices and debit charge backs and a savings of sixteen (16) man-hours per week.
• Successfully moved A/R operation from Phoenix to Atlanta, hired and trained new staff.
• Established procedures manual.
• Approve all credit memos and refunds.
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly metrics to senior management resulting in increased
visibility of receivables trending.
• Manage quarterly bank audits related to asset-based lending.
• Represent Accounting department on task force to reduce OSD&R errors. (Over, Short,
Damaged and Returned shipments.) Opportunities were identified that could potentially save
the company 250K per annum.
• Provide account information to assist Sales, Customer Service and Plant personnel. Provide
guidance and actively participate in resolving difficult receivable issues while preserving
client relationships and sales opportunities.
02/04 – 02/08 Noble Systems Corporation, Inc., Atlanta, GA
Revenue Accounts Receivable Manager
• Responsible for managing commercial and distributor accounts relative to collections,
accounts receivable and customer service. Ensure quality and accuracy of billings to comply
with contract terms and promote customer satisfaction.
• Monitor and reduce aging of receivables and report analysis to senior management. Reduced
over 60-day aging from 48% to less than 2%.
• Reconcile unbilled license, support and services revenue. Reconcile variances in deferred
support revenue. Report issues to senior management impacting maximum revenue
• Supervise one A/R Accountant responsible for assisting with billing and collections.
• Monthly cash consolidation of foreign subsidiaries reporting to US Dollars.
• Act as liaison between customers and sales and project management organizations on
accounts with sensitive issues that impact receivables and assist with negotiated settlements.
• Place delinquent accounts on support hold, secure payment and reinstate services.
• Monitor and direct cash allocations. Approve all refunds.
01/94 – 11/04 GEAC COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC., Atlanta, Georgia (formerly Dun & Bradstreet Software)
Senior Accounts Receivable Administrator
• Responsible for collections and account management of commercial, reseller and government
• Responsible for training and mentoring of associates on systems usage and procedures for
managing multiple issues on customer accounts regarding licensing, consulting and education
services and maintenance billings.
• Screen and pre-approve adjustments, revisions, write-offs and refunds from the team to
ensure appropriateness and proper documentation prior to referral to manager for final
• Resolve unapplied cash to maintain minimal amount on account.
• Approve or deny support requests for accounts with expired maintenance agreements.
Approve or deny requests for shipments to accounts on collection hold.
01/86 – 06/92 LANIER WORLDWIDE, INC., Tucker, Georgia
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
• Supervised, trained and mentored (5) five customer service representatives and issued
• Responsible for all A/R operations.