The happiest people in the World?
Or the most content?
The most trusting and least corrupt in the World.
Is trust and low corruption a key-component for successful PPI? imgbuddy.com
Intelligent Systems are experts in
software development for automated
logistics solutions, e.g. for baggage
handling in airports, fully automated
warehouse and distribution centers,
and automated logistics for hospitals.
International project capabilities Denmark
Intelligent Systems has completed assignments for its customers in the shown countries.
Field of competence
field of competence is the
cross-section between robot
and automation technology,
information and communication
technology (ICT), and logistics,
automated material handling
and resource optimization.
PPI – Public Private Innovation projects
• Selected Public Private Innovation projects:
– The Intelligent Transport Box
– Intelligent Hospital Logistics
– The Intelligent Sterile Processing Department
Intelligent Hospital Logistics
IHL is a new innovative solution
concept for an intelligent and fully
automated transport and storage
solution that radically changes
internal supply logistics in the
IHL is build on existing automated
warehousing technology that has
been put together in a new way to
fit hospital needs. It provides
automated transport and can be
used as a virtual central storage –
making supplies available where
they are needed, when they are
Mini transport robots
or conveying systems
Clinical system port “magic cabinet”
Miniload storage shaft
Clinical system port top-opened
Top-opened transport boxSide-opened transport box
Handheld and intuitive user interfaces .
One intelligent and integrated
control systems that ensures
~100% traceability of all
contents in the system.
What problems does IHL solve?
• IHL makes supplies available throughout the hospital from any department when they are needed,
where they are needed.
• IHL significantly reduces risk of cross-contamination and infections by separating clean from
unclean, encapsulating materials during transport and storage and by restricting access.
• IHL significantly reduces time and resources spent finding, ordering, transporting and handling
supplies by automating logistics, allowing clinical staff to focus on patient needs.
• IHL improves working environment by reducing need for manual lifting and handling of supplies.
• IHL can be used for almost all types of supplies that can fit in the transport boxes. This allowsone
transport and storage system to be used in stead of several.
• IHL reduces storage space needed by utilizing the full building and floor height for storage.
• IHL reduces waste by providing an always up-to-date inventory of all stored supplies and allowing
older supplies to be used before they reach their expiration date.
• IHL is reliable, redundant and robust in its design supporting continues hospital operations and
• IHL reduces stock by making the complete storage contents accessible from any connected
department allowing supplies to be shared safely between departments.
• Temperature monitoring
• Automatic unpacking, registration
Intelligent Sample Monitoring & Sortation
• Through automation, monitoring and traceability the solution ensures:
– Better efficiency and increased capacity in labs through
automation of manual processes
– Higher quality in analysis results and
decrease in errors through traceability
and automated monitoring and handling,
resulting in improved diagnosis
reliability and faster reaction times
– Improved work environment through
automation of repetitive work, reducing
repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
Intelligent Sterile Processing Department
From fully automated to
control and validation.
• Full traceability of the instruments throughout sterile processing department
• Higher efficiency and reduced costs
• Automation of tasks currently performed manually:
– All transport of instruments and other materials
– Inspection and maintenance tasks
– Packing and wrapping of instruments
– Automated identification and verification of instruments
ensures that instruments are not lost or mixed up
• Improved work environment
– No more lifting and carrying instruments, pushing and twisting carts
– Work processes are less influenced by monotonous repetitive work
Pre-commercial procurement (PCP)
• Procurement of research and development
of new innovative solutions
• Designed to steer the development
of solutions towards concrete
public sector needs
PCP vs. other PPP & procurement methods
• Focuses on the R&D phase before
• Different suppliers competing through
different phases of development
• Risks and benefits are shared between
the procurers and the suppliers
under market conditions
Binding contract for
delivery, if development
– to ensure stronger
commitment of all parties
Reduce administrative reporting
and documentation requirements
– more value for the money
Conclusions – Why PCP?
• Innovation with low financial risk
• Development for customer – and with the customer
• Rights for commercial use of developed solutions
• Binding contract for delivery if development effort succeeds
• Actions that reduces administrative reporting and documentation