Many of us rely on healthy vision and take
it for granted on a day-to-day basis.
Unfortunately, eyesight tends to worsen or
improve little by little.
There are things we can do to improve our
eyesight and to keep vision healthy. The
following tips will help you maintain
• Sleep is very important in order to let
our eyes get the adequate amount of
• It is recommended for individuals to
sleep a minimum of six hours, with the
optimal sleeping period being a full 8
• Getting enough sleep also helps reduce
dark under eye circles that many tend to
• Consuming the right types of food, that deliver
the proper nutrients to your body, is essential
for maintaining healthy eyesight.
• Healthy options for eyesight improvement
include lots of vegetables, fruits, carrots and
• The best minerals for your eyes include
vitamins A, B, C and E, as well as magnesium
• Taking breaks from staring at either
computers or mobile phones is necessary to
allow your eyes to recover.
• Focused attention on screens tends to strain
• A good habit to rest your eyes is to look at
something else every twenty minutes.
• You could also shut your lids for a short time.
Take short “rest” breaks
• Long commuting journeys are often
accompanied by reading.
• Reading in moving vehicles is stressful on the
eyes and can even hurt them. Try to refrain
from reading in buses or cars.
• If you do need to read, keep blinking and do
not let your eyes get dry.
• Keeping eyes moist is important to
maintaining their health.
Don’t read in moving vehicles
• Many people enjoy lying down in bed and
reading before sleep. Try to sit up with back
support as opposed to lying down.
• Awkward reading postures many a times
makes people squint or strain their eyes.
• If you wear reading glasses, make sure you
are reading thru the proper calibrated lens