After this study
You will be able to :
- organize and plan your work more efficiently
- understand basic technique for preparation you place
- understand which items you need preparer
- hygiene and Mise-en place .
Its French and it means ‘’ everything in its place ‘’
• Organize and plan your work
• Gather and prepare your area
• Assemble the tools and equipment's
-The checklist it’s the tool or guide line for
preparation and doing mise-en place .
-We do have different checklist for morning opening
and closing also for afternoon and night shift .
Measuring and preparing the Mise-en place
The measuring of your preparation its can be different from shit
to anther as well day today ,up to the occupancy of the hotel as
well the season .
Weekend day for example its completely different to the mid
days of the week .
That’s why its very important to the person who its doing the
preparation to be knowledgeable and aware of what its
happening and the customer consumption .
- Its tracking sheet for your store items by the minimum
quantity that you should have its can be in store or fridge
- Also the bar stock helping to do the store requisition and
how to control your stock
- As well the inventory
- bar stock also can be change up to the operation wise
Low season to low season .
Mise-en place and my guest
* your preparation has to match with your guest in
house As the different between them mean a lot
For example :
- There is kind of guest who like to have a lot of Arabic bread with
almost every meal which means that you need to be ready with
your preparation with a lot of Arabic bread
There another kind who prefer extra condiments aside.
- Another guest drinking tea or coffee early morning for example
Mise –in place and the expiry
Being ready its very important, however saving guest is our
Most o your Mis- en place is food items which means the life shelf for it is
limited specially if it kept outside the fridge
Its very important to use your sense and try to not waste any food items
and do your preparation
As per the operation needs you can prepare either less or more Mise-en
Hygienic Mis-en place
- All food items has to be in the fridge specially if you are
working in preparation pass
And to stop food contamination
- Bread has to be in warmer to keep it fresh and change
- Pastry we use in the morning we can use for 4 hours ( as
per the law ).